Chapter 19 - Girl Crush

Songs:

El Malo: Jesse y Joy

Girl Crush: Little Big Town

Come Quisiera Vivir Sin Aire: Mana

Odie's POV

The days between my sister's birthday and Thanksgiving were not many. But, with everything that had happened, or what I was assuming that happened based on tabloids and my own detective skills, it was going by like years rather than days.

As each day went by, I plotted. I went through plan after plan, wondering what was the best way to get through my stubborn sister's thick skull. She was smart, always had been, but she lacked social and emotional skills. Granted, I wasn't much better, but if I could just fix her, maybe I stood a chance.

Bringing them together for a stupid business deal was one thing. It was the best thing I had at the moment, but I knew I'd have to come up with something else, just in case. Even if she did take the bait, they'd eventually have other projects to take care of and they'd simply delegate their responsibilities.

I'd have to come up with something better. Soon.

"Odette," my sister called, prompting my to shut and hide my laptop. I didn't need her to start snooping and ruin my plans. "Are you almost ready, we're going to be late."

"Um," I panicked. I had gotten so distracted that I completely forgot about getting ready. "Almost," I lied, scrambling around to get some clean clothes.

I was hoping for a repeat of last year, minus my psycho mom, but Sam and Niall were hosting. Instead of all of us getting together and cooking and having fun, Sam had hired a service to cater for the night.

"Seriously," A.J. squeaked in disbelief, her hands busy putting her earrings in. "I told you to get ready, three hours ago. We have to leave- like half an hour ago." She rushed in, carrying her heels in her hands as she stormed into my closet where I'd hung up the few things I had unpacked. There was no point in unpacking everything if I was just going to be shipped off to school again anyway.

"I was studying for finals," I lied, again. If it was one thing my sister would forgive, it was putting my education first. Not that I needed to study any more than I already had for my finals.

"Just put this on," she tossed a simple dress I was saving for another day with a pair of flats.

I refrained from making any rude comments, knowing she was stressed. She'd been worried that Niall had invited, Harry when she and Sam had invited, Michael and Dylan. Dylan, I wasn't so worried about anymore. I'd done my research and was okay with him being around A.J.. It was Michael who I didn't trust around her and wished he'd just disappear. Just by few times I'd seen him interact with my sister, I was sure I didn't like him. His behavior would almost be understandable if they were dating and Harry were always there trying to win her over. But, even then, he would seem too possessive. It just annoyed me.

Now, I'd have another night filled with his annoying ass. I wasn't too worried about it though. I didn't mind giving him a hard time. Even if she did decide to be with him, I had to put him through the vetting process.

"Come on, Odie! Just get ready at Sam's." She shouted, rushing back out the door, struggling to put her shoes on as went.

Harry's POV

After going through my closet for something to wear, only to realize, it really didn't matter, I made my way to Niall's place. Not before circling around a few times. I knew Katarina was going to be there and I wasn't sure how to proceed. I tried to decline Niall's offer, but I just couldn't help myself. And he knew it. As much as I claimed I was moving on, we all knew it wasn't as easy as saying it.