Chapter 7- Better in Time

Songs:

Better in Time: Leona Lewis

Burn: Usher

A.J.'s POV

Regret. That's all I felt the last two days since the night of the party where I basically had my first one night stand. If you could call it that. And with my ex boyfriend of all people.

Regret.

Regret.

Regret.

I tried to find another word for how I felt, but none seemed to quite fit like, regret. I mean, the act itself was pure bliss and probably what I had been needing these last few months, but physical pleasure aside, that was the stupidest thing I had ever done. And I have done some stupid things in my life.

I tried to forget about everything, but it was hard when my memory carried me back to the way he felt inside me. The was his lips felt on my skin that so desperately missed him. And not to mention the soreness I was still feeling between my legs and the horizontal bruise across my lower stomach from how hard he had driven into me and slammed me into the marble sink counter top. Those made it quite impossible to forget what had happened.

I wondered what Harry was thinking about this whole thing. Or if he was even thinking about it at all. I'm sure, unlike me, he had sex in the last six months so it was nothing more than a quick hook up for him. He most likely wasn't giving this a second thought.

"You're awfully quiet," Michael's voice interrupted my thoughts, bringing me back to the present with him and Dylan.

The three of us were in New York, all for different reasons, but he decided to stick together to avoid being lonely when we weren't busy. Michael had a family event he was in town for while Dylan had some promotion to do for his show and I was here to deal with Odie's school transferring process that was getting closer and closer and I was supposed to attend a fashion show in a few days. Samara was also here for the fashion show, but she was busy actually setting it up since her jewelry was being shown in said show. So, I made myself scarce to minimize her stress, but made sure she knew I was available if she needed me.

"Leave her alone," Dylan chimed in seeing as how I wasn't going to say anything. Not by choice, I was just too caught up in my own mind to even consider a proper response.

"Sorry," I smiled. "I'm just thinking about everything I have to do with my sister." It wasn't a complete lie. It seemed like with every piece of paperwork I turned in, more was required. I kinda thought that was my moms doing, just trying to make my life more difficult. She had a talent for that. Now, if that was a paying job, she'd be the richest woman in the world, I had no doubt about that.

"It's fine," Michael smiled. "I was just wondering, since you're not busy tomorrow, maybe you'd like to come with me to my family reunion?"

Dylan paused his chewing to stare at both of us. "Isn't that-"

"Before you say no, just remember that you promised my mom that you'd officially meet her soon," he reminded me. "She's tired of only knowing you through facetime. She'd sorta old school like that."

"Oh," I smiled, "Um, sure. Maybe Dylan and I can-"

"Dylan has to work that day," Dylan spoke up with his mouth full, finally remembering that he still had to chew.

"Um, well, guess it's just me then," I smiled.

"Great," Michael grinned, kissing my cheek. "I'll pick you up tomorrow around noon." He stood up from his seat and kissed me again, "I'll see you tomorrow."