Chapter 13 - You Let Me Go (Me Soltaste)

Songs:

Eso Y Mas: Joan Sebastian 

Infinity: One Direction

Me Soltaste: Jesse Y Joy

A.J.'s POV

After my time in L.A., I headed back to New York. I didn't particularly want to go back, knowing my mother would bother me with her nonsense, despite my having paid her off, but I needed to take care of Odie's transfer papers and make sure everything was done properly so she wouldn't lose any of her credits and to do that, I had to deal with Sarah, who was still her legal guardian until the end of the year. It was going to be difficult having her go from a private school to a public school, but it was what she wanted and it was I did so there wasn't much I could object to, even if I wanted to.

After spending some of the weekend together with my sister and my stepfather and mother, I was finally in my apartment, just relaxing with Honey, waiting for sleep to take over. It was times like these when I heavily considered taking sleeping pills. I tried working out, watching a movie, anything to get me tired before I settled on reading a book. I had looked through all of the books before settling on my Winnie the Pooh book Harry had gotten me a while back, nearly a year ago and a tub of ice cream. It was comforting in a way, not because Harry had given it to me, but because it was something I shared with my brother, Robbie and it was slowly making me sleep, just imagining him reading it to me. Just as if I were a little girl again.

I had no idea how much time had gone by when I heard a loud knock at the door, pulling me from my book. I looked at the time, it was 11:58. Who the hell was at my door at the time? I put my ice cream down on the coffee table, throwing the blanket I was wrapped up in, to the side before heading to the door, Honey following closely behind me. I got the idea to check through the peephole to see who it was, just as I turned the knob and swung the door open. That idea would have been helpful five seconds ago, I scolded myself. Though, I doubt the watchman would let anyone up that they didn't know.

My heart swelled and stopped beating as my eyes fell on my smiling, tall, green-eyed, dimpled visitor. I wrapped myself in my large sweater, picking up Honey who was getting too excited at the sight of our visitor.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" I asked, confused. He stood awkwardly with his legs crossed and his hands behind his back. "It's so late," I added.

He smirked slightly, "almost midnight," his deep voice filled my ears.

I nodded, glad and irritated that he was aware of how late it was. He didn't wait for an invitation, waltzing right in, passing me by, careful to keep his back turned away from me. I shut the door, knowing full on well that he wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. I stood there holding Honey in my arms, closer to my chest, waiting for him to explain himself. Instead, I heard shuffling noises from behind his back, getting Honey even more excited.

"Is she yours?" He asked. I could tell he was eager to pet her, but whatever he was hiding behind his back was preventing him from doing so.

I simply nodded, ruffling her fur.

He smiled, his right hand appearing in front of him with a single, Iron Man balloon, handing it over to me. I took it from him, still confused as his hand disappeared behind his back again. This time it reappeared with a very large bouquet of all white lotus flowers, shoving them in my direction. My heart beat faster as I took the large bouquet from him, struggling to hold them and Honey.

I tried to ask him what he was doing as I let Honey down, but another object was making an appearance from around his back. This time with two hands. He held out a small box, gesturing for me to follow him.