Chapter 15 - Infinity

Songs:

Lost Boy: Ruth B

Mercy (Acoustic): Shawn Mendes

Roses: Shawn Mendes

Si No Te Hubieras Ido: Jesse y Joy (Marco Antonio Solis cover)

Say You Love Me: Jessie Ware

Infinity: One Direction

Harry's POV

A few days had gone by since the party. I tried to keep my mind clear and off of Katarina, but it was proving to be difficult. Kendall had mistook my friendliness at the party and was hounding me to hang out. I felt somewhat of a pressure to oblige and honestly, I needed the distraction. I needed to move on.

As many times as I told myself that, I knew this time I had to do it.

I paced the hardwood of my home, my mind unable to escape her presence. She was everywhere. The way the wood creaked reminded me of how I had chased her around the house to kiss her growing belly after she had grown frustrated with my attention. The kitchen, in its entirety. The pots and pans that hung over the island she used to cook with such joy. The fridge that always had to be stocked with juice boxes. The various glass jars that had to be filled with candy and sweet treats. The coffee maker that always had coffee ready for me when I woke up in the morning, except Sunday's. Sunday's were my days to cater to her.

I left the kitchen as soon as I felt the lump forming in my throat and moved on to the living room, only to by reminded of her further when I saw the board games tucked away in a corner and the copious amounts of animated films I wouldn't own if it weren't for her.

"Fuck," I muttered, leaning my head against the back of the couch, fighting the tears that pricked the corners of my eyes.

Again, I stood up and decided it was best to just call it a night. Maybe if I just slept, I wouldn't have to feel this ache. Though, I was pretty sure she'd be there, in my dreams. She always found her way there. Up until my sister's engagement party, it was the only place I ever saw her. It was both a blessing and a curse. The blessings came when she appeared, filling me with security and happiness. The curse was having to wake up and realize I was alone and her presence was just a dream. A product of my hope.

I didn't bother changing out of my clothes before I crawled on my bed, under the blankets.There was no point.

I curled up in my corner on my side, leaving almost the entire bed empty. I looked at the empty pillow next to me, forcing myself to accept its lonely fate. I tried to envision someone else in her place.

Anyone.

I went through every woman I had dated or even gone out with before Katarina, remembering how easy it was to move on from them, but none of them fit. They were all wrong. I tried to come up with the perfect girl. Maybe a brunette. Soft, flawless skin. A button nose. Beautiful eyes, maybe green, like mine. Proportionate sized ears. A small, cute smile. Long hair. Small shoulders. Small hands. Breasts and ass that easily fit in my hands. Shorter than me. Someone who I could easily cuddle. Someone who would always be happy to see or be with me. Someone who wanted a marriage. Children. Someone who didn't get jealous so easily. Someone who wouldn't nag me. Who loved all my jokes.

As I continued to build my perfect girl, I could almost picture her. The epitome of beauty and everything I ever wanted in a woman I wanted to spend my life with. But, that was before Katarina stormed into my life. That perfect girl I had wanted wasn't so perfect anymore. She was greatly flawed. Now, my perfect woman would have shoulder length hair, in any shade she pleased. A beautiful scar that reminded me of how strong she was whenever my fingertips grazed it. A slender nose that still looked cute, even when she grew angry and her nostrils flared. Golden honey eyes that beamed in excitement at the sight of an animal. Ears that were slightly bigger than they should be, but still captured my attention when she tucked her hair behind it. A large smile that overtook her entire face and simply brightened everyone's day. Strong shoulders to matched a toned body. Long, slender fingers that so easily glided over white and black keys with grace or wrapped around my curls in a playful manner. Breasts that my large hands couldn't quite wrap around and an ass jiggled nicely when it was smacked. There was a slight height difference between my new perfect woman and myself, but she was easily dominant when she wanted to be. She cuddled me and held me sometimes. She doesn't always want to be around me and spends half of the time angry with me. She is afraid of marriage and children and can't stand talk about a future. She fumes at the sight of another girl around me, though she'd never admit it or let it get the best of her. She tells me what to do for my own good and she hates my jokes, but still laughs, probably unable to believe how idiotic I sound. That was my perfect girl. My Katarina.