4.6

Alex

Once sienna dropped me off I thanked her and then met up with Max at his locker. He looked at me, "Sucked not seeing you this morning."

"Can you believe him? Because I sure can't! Bringing her in the morning too? You've got to be kidding me!"

"I was shocked too, but the rest of the car ride he just wasn't himself, he was like silent and down." Max informed.

"Good! You know what-"

"What?" I heard from behind me. I turned and saw Ethan and Emma. I crossed my arms, "I'm not talking to you."

"Well you're not doing a good job." He smarted. I turned around facing Max, "I'm going to class."

"Class doesn't start for another 20 minutes." Emma said.

"Yeah I know." I sassed.

I walked to class and took a seat in my desk. I was the only one in here, not even the teacher was there yet. I sighed setting my head on the desk.

"A little birdy told me you weren't having such a good morning." I heard making me look up. I saw Zoey and sighed, "Well that little birdy wasn't lying."

"What's wrong chica?"

"Nothing." I lied. I couldn't tell her about Alexandria, she was once in the same situation. She's her friend too, "I'm fine I just need to think."

"Okay, well hang in there." Zoey said with a smile. I smiled back, "I'm trying."

During class I didn't talk to Ethan, in the halls I didn't talk to Ethan. I was not going to talk to Ethan. I went to the lunch table and saw a horrible sight. HELL. NO.

I went to the table and slammed my tray down, making a scene, "No."

"Alex just sit down." Emma said.

"Look I don't wanna hear your mouth right now." I spat giving everyone a shocked expression.

"You're not sitting here." I informed rudely to Alexandria, "Get your tray and leave."

"Alex stop it." Ethan scolded.

"Hey! Ethan, shut up!" I yelled.

"You're making a scene."

"Good. I want everyone to know how much I hate her sitting her, how much I hate her presence anywhere around me."

Alexandria stood up, "Stop! Stop trying to make everyone hate me because of some grudge you've been holding against me."

"A grudge? You think I'm holding a grudge against you? Oh Alexandria I'm not holding a grudge against anybody."

"Then how about you just sit down and stop trying to call me out in front of the whole fucking cafeteria!" She yelled.

"I don't have to call you out! Everyone in here knows what you did to me- EVERYONE who was here since freshman year knows what you did to me."

"You don't let anything go do you." She said through gritted teeth.

I couldn't contain myself, "Okay. I have a story to tell." I said beginning to stand on the table.

"Alex-"

"Shut the fuck up!" I shouted, silencing not only Emma, but the whole cafeteria.

"I am so sick of everyone telling me to calm down, to stop, to just deal with it. I'm not gonna deal with it! And you guys aren't gonna make me! So everyone, just shut up and listen to me! I. Am. Human! I have feelings, and I have rights. This girl right here-" I yelled pointing to Alexandria, "Harassed me, since the first day of school. As soon as I walked in she was just out to get me. I'm sure you all saw the posters she hung around the school, Downgrade Alexandria is a fake. I know you all saw SLUT painted in red paint on my locker, with her fingerprints! I know you all saw her trip me in the hallway, kick my books, whisper about me as if I wasn't there, and I am positive, you all saw the hate page she made about me. There were over a hundred comments, probably from all of you- that was triggered by her! When I saw that hate page, I went home and I cried! I grabbed a razor and I cut my thigh, then I fell on the floor wanting nothing more than to die!"

Everyone was silent, looking at me in sympathy. I turned to Alexandria, "After that, I didn't even use my name. You guys think my real name is Alex? It's Alexandria, but she took that away from me!" I shouted, "And I will never get over that. No matter how much you all think I'm over exaggerating. She is horrible! And you all think she's a perfect princess. She is the worst person you could ever meet."

Alexandria had tears glistening in her eyes, "I'm sorry."

I shook my head, "Don't ever come near me again."

I ran out the cafeteria and into the bathroom stall feeling tears flush my face. I was sad, hurt, misunderstood, and I felt like I was ruined.

"Alex." I heard a soft voice say. I knew it was Zoey, "Come out, please."

"No." I said, "I can't face anyone right now."

She sighed, "I'm sorry. I feel like I lived that with you." She said referring to the Alexandria situation.

"I remember the first day it started. You didn't care, you brushed it off. The next week? Still didn't care. A month later, didn't care. 5 months later? You broke. I'd never seen you like that. I didn't know what to do when I found you on your bed sobbing, wondering what you did so wrong." She said with a crack in her voice, "You told me you couldn't handle it anymore. You said you couldn't face anyone at school. So you stayed home for a week, then the next week you came back, there were fresh rumors about you. Ones that broke you even more.. you were a wreck. Alex I should've never became her friend. I know you can't forgive me for that, but I will never speak to her again, ever."

A small silence swept over.

"I was selfish okay. You were right, she did those things to me, not to you. You should be able to be friends with whoever you want, and I'll just have to deal with it because Zoey you have your own life and I can't control you."

"I just wish I'd put your feelings into consideration before I just.. let our friendship go."

I let another tear fall, "I miss being your friend. And it hurts that we may never be the same again, but Zoey you're so important to me.. I just wanna know you'll have my back."

"Always." She said leaning against the stall, "I'll always have your back, even when we're old and can't even feel our backs."

I let out a small laugh, "Promise?"

"Promise." She said, "Can you come out so I can hug you? Please."

I opened the stall and saw Zoey. She slightly smiled, "You're really strong Alex."

"Oh shut up." I joked engulfing her into a hug. After the hug I felt better. Zoey always somehow made me feel alright.