1.0

One week later

Alex

One week. One boring boring week. This past week I've barely seen Justin. While my activities with my parents end around 8, his go longer. Since he isn't able to stay over anymore after 11, we haven't seen each other much. We text but it's not the same. I've been talking to Ethan a lot. We started face timing at night when I got back to the room and we would fall asleep on the phone together sometime. I feel like I'm leading him on, but truth is I was just lonely and Ethan's actually great company. He flirts with me a lot, and I try and acknowledge them with a smile here and then, but I can't forget about Justin. Today I was officially free to hang out with Justin and I was so happy! When I heard a knock on the door I sprung to it. Once I saw Justin standing them I immediately jumped into his arms. He catches me placing his lips on mine passionately, "Miss me?" He smirked.

"Yes so much!" I said pulling him into the room.

"So what's up what's been going on it feels like I haven't seen you in years." He said plopping on the couch. I plopped beside him letting out a deep breath, "Boring and miserable. I'm so glad I can finally spend time with you again."

"Me too. Breakfast?" He asked.

"Definitely."

We went to breakfast and talked and joked as we usually do and it feel much needed. I've barely had anyone to talk to and I'm so happy he's back with me. He's my favorite person to talk to- don't tell Zoey.

After breakfast we went on the sky deck and looked over at the water. I rested my head on his shoulder lovingly, "I missed this."

"So did I. Without you everything's so boring."

"We did say we'd stick together." I said remembering the first day I met Justin.

"And we will." He said placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

My phone rang scaring me. Once I saw it was Zoey I groaned looking at Justin, "One sec."

I went out of hearing distance of Justin and put the phone up to my ear, "Hello Zoey."

"Hey Alex! Guess what?"

"I'm scared." I said letting out a heavy sigh.

"So last night I was with Sean, and he was like let's go hang out with Ethan he seems lonely. So we did and I overheard him telling Sean that when you get back he's going to take you on a special date, a really special date! Like one that you won't forget- ever!"

"That's great and all-"

"Great? This is amazing! Alex he's seriously falling for you oh my god I'm so excited. Imagine senior you me walking down the hall with Sean on my arm and you with Ethan- it'll be perfect! Tell me that doesn't sound amazing."

"It does. And I probably would've jumping for excitement too if I wasn't with Justin."

"Oh my god you guys are still together?" Zoey groaned, "I thought you guys were separated for a week."

"We were. And that weeks over, we're together again." I informed her.

"What's been going on with Ethan?" Zoey asked completely disregarding what I said.

"Nothing. We talk and stuff but that's all."

"Then why is so sure you guys are going to be together after summer?"

"We FaceTimed every night last week and I acknowledged his flirts so I may have led him on but I didn't mean to! I was trying to be friendly."

"Alex do not ruin it with Ethan!"

"Zoey oh my god get this through your god damn brain- I am with Justin!"

"Well sorry if I don't want you walking out on someone who's crushed on you the past two years- who you've only dreamed of being with since freshman year! Wow I'm sorry for trying to be a good friend and give you what you want! When summers over your gonna regret letting him go and I know that because I'm your bestfriend! But fine whatever do whatever break his heart what does it even matter to me anymore." Zoey spat before hanging up the line. I let out a small frustrated yell feeling my face burn red. Justin turned to me for a split second seeing my expression before running over to me.

"Hey hey calm down what's wrong?" He asked guiding me to a table where we both spat.

"Zoey! She just doesn't understand anything and no matter how much I tell her no no no she continuously says yes yes yes and always forgets that it's my life and if I don't wanna date Ethan then I don't have to!"

Justin paused, "What?"

I realized what just slipped out.

"Nothing. Nothing never mind."

"Are you okay? Is there something I should know?"

"I'm fine. Let's just go do something okay?"

"Okay.." Justin said a little suspiciously.