0.7

Alex

That night Justin stayed over with me, and we just laid on the couch watching movies. We planned to go in the hot tub early so we could just spend time alone under lots of warm bubbles. We both woke up at around 9, and I quickly changed into my bathing suit while he changed into his boxers.

"Ready?" Justin asked from the other side of the room.

"Yeah one second." I said going into the bathroom putting my hair into a ponytail. I exited the bathroom setting my phone on the table hearing a ding and checking the message.

Good morning Alex :)

I read that message from Ethan and stared at it for a second. A good morning text?

"Alex." Justin called, "You ok?"

Yeah I said quickly closing my phone, "Lets go."

We went to the front of my boat and saw the hot tub and it was already running.

"It's like it was expecting us." Justin said stepping in. I laughed stepping in beside him. It felt really good. I took a deep breath relaxing across from Justin.

"I feel like every place in the world should have a hot tub." I said closing my eyes.

"Agreed." I heard Justin say. For a few minutes we just enjoyed the tub and then we started talking again.

"So how's Zoey?" Justin asked.

I opened my eyes confused, "Why?"

"Your phone was ringing a lot last night. Was she okay?"

I was still confused until it hit me. I told him it was Zoey not Ethan.

I nodded, "Oh yeah she's fine. She was just really excited to tell me about her new boyfriend."

"Interesting. Did you blow her phone up when you told her about us?" Justin asked with a small smirk.

"Obviously." I lied.

"That's my girl." He said scooting closer to me. He put his arm around me and I smiled up at him, "I love when you do that."

"Put my arm around you?" He asked.

"Yeah. Feels nice." I said resting my head on his shoulder, "I'm so happy I met you on this cruise. I could've sworn this was going to be the worst summer ever but it's not."

He kissed my forehead, "Going on a cruise with my parents wasn't the most ideal thing for me either, especially since it's my last summer. I wanted to party and hang with my friends but this is just as good as that, and I wouldn't trade it for the world."

My heart fluttered hearing that. Justin is so sweet and makes me feel so happy. I grabbed his hand holding it in mine quietly playing with his fingers, "I wish we could stay here forever." I whispered.

"In the hot tub?"

"Yeah." I laughed, "You plus hot bubbles is a total turn on."

He rolled his eyes, "Come on, let me take you to breakfast. Looks like they're about to set up." Justin pointed out staring over to the buffet.

"Sure." I said. We both got out of the hot tub after spending 2 hours in there, and went back to my room to change. I put on some shorts and a plain black top while Justin put on shorts with a plain red shirt. He grabbed my hand as we walked and I just felt so lucky.

My phone dinged signaling a message from Zoey. It was a picture. I used my other hand to open the message and see her with Sean. She was snuggled in his arms and it was really cute.

Aw Zoe that's so cute! I ship it!

Can't wait until you get back so we can all go on a double date!

I closed my phone after reading that message. Crap, I totally forgot about Ethan. I saw I had still left his text and read and then looked at Justin. I then looked down at my phone again and texting,

Morning

Leaving him on read would be rude, and even though I'm with Justin I don't want Ethan to hate me. I've wanted my whole high school experience for him to just love me. I might not be able to be with him, but we can be friends right?

Justin and I spent the whole day together. First hot tubbing, then breakfast, then we saw a mini concert on ship before going mini golfing. It was really fun. Now we were laying in a hammock watching the sun go down. Justin held my closely as we slowly swayed in the hammock.

"Today was the best." I heard him say, and I couldn't help but agree.

"We've only been on this ship 2 weeks and I'm glad we've got a long way to go before we have to say goodbye." I said looking up at the sky.

"Let's not think about that. I just want to watch the beautiful sunset with a beautiful girl."

Once it was dark out and everyone was going into their rooms, Justin walked me to mine.

"Thanks for an amazing day." He said bowing down dramatically.

I rolled my eyes, "You're such a dork."

"At least I'm your dork." Justin said added by a small chuckle. I smile staring into his eyes, before I knew it he kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. This feeling was something I loved and something I didn't want to let go of. We released and Justin smiled, "Goodnight Alex."

"Goodnight Justin." I said watching him walk off biting my lip. I went into my room and plopped onto the bed. I let out a deep breath, wow, Justin's making me feel a way I never felt with anyone ever before.

I took a shower, and got back into bed before calling Zoey.

"Hey!" She said cheerfully over FaceTime, "What's up I haven't talked to you all day?"

"Me and Justin kind of had a date day." I said smiling a little.

"Oh really." Zoey said smirking, "How was it?"

"It was amazing! Zoey I think I'm really falling for him, like really hard." I said honestly waiting for her reaction.

"Alex I'm really happy for you but I don't want you getting attached. Summer isn't going to last forever." Zoey said a little sadly.

"Yeah I know but he just makes me so happy." I said defending myself, "I've never felt this way before and I want to enjoy it as long as I can."

"I don't want you getting hurt." Zoey said giving me a huge look of sorrow, "What about Ethan? I thought you were in love with him?"

"Well I thought I was." I said shrugging, "But I barely know him."

"You guys have been texting right?" Zoey asked.

"Yeah but it's nothing."

"Make it something!"

"I'm with Justin." I reminded her, "I can't do that to him, he means too much."

"Look Alex you know your my best friend and I only want the best for you but I really think you need to give Ethan a chance. It's senior year, all you've ever wanted was to be with Ethan and here's your chance! You can't blow it because of some guy you met 2 weeks ago who you'll probably never see once summers over."

My mood immediately changed. I was once really happy and now I was sad.

"I'm sorry." Zoey said.

"I gotta go." I said ending the call quickly. I thought about what she said, and what she said was true. Am I even going to see Justin after summers over? Is he just going to forget about me once he goes off to New York?