1.5

Alex

Two weeks after the ending of my friendship with Zoey, I was doing better. I hadn't talked to her since then, and she unadded me on Snapchat, and blocked me on instagram. That's kind of childish to me but okay Zoey whatever makes you happy. Me and Justin have been doing lots of things these past weeks and I've honestly had a blast. The sad thing is, in 2 weeks, I'm leaving. I don't think Justin knows, I think he assumed I would be leaving once the cruise ended which is the second week in august but I have to be back before then. I decided to bring it up, "Hey so are you staying on the cruise until it ends?" I asked.

"Yeah." Justin said looking over to me, "Are you?"

"No.. actually I'm leaving in two weeks."

"Two weeks?!" Justin exclaimed, "What- why so early."

"School starts back the first week in august and I need to get back to prep. I wish I could stay longer."

"Yeah I wish so too. Times so limited now."

"I think we should talk, you know about.. us." I said not really wanting to talk about it either. But I need to know. Are we still going to be together?

"Yeah.. I know." Justin sighed turning to me, "From Atlanta to New York it's like a 15 hour drive and plane tickets cost so much money I don't- I don't know."

"So should we just.. break up?" I asked quietly.

"I don't want to." Justin said holding my hand, "But what can we do? Long distance relationships aren't easy. I don't want you to feel alone when I'm not there or feel sad that I can't hold you. I don't wanna feel like I'm holding you back from reality- like seeing other guys and stuff."

I looked down sadly, "Yeah and New York's really big. I'm sure there's lots of girls there for you. I couldn't hold you back from them either."

A sad, uncomfortable silence swept over us.

"Alex I'll never forget you. No matter what I will always know what we had and I will love it. I love you."

I smiled looking to him, "I love you too Justin."

Being here, on this cruise had its ups and downs. Ups? I met Justin and he makes me the happiest girl in the world. He cares about me, is always there for me, doesn't judge me, and loves me. Downs? I lost my bestfriend. Every night I wonder what life would be like if I hadn't gone on this cruise. What if I'd never met Justin? What if I'd stayed and went to that party? It's funny how one thing can change everything. School starts soon and I'm nervous. I wish Justin could come with me, I'm sure he'd make things a lot better. I sure was going to miss him. We walked along the deck talking for a while like we always did. I was going to miss the conversations we had, I feel like I can tell him anything.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I said intertwining his hand in mine.

"I'm gonna miss you too. I hate that we're gonna be separated."

"I wish you could just come to Atlanta with me and go to school with me and be my super hot boyfriend." I said laughing a little at the end.

"I wish I could take you to New York and show the city how lucky I am to have you." Justin commented after.

"We'll still talk right? Like we won't be.. boyfriend girlfriend but we can still be friends right?"

"Of course." Justin said with a duh tone, "You think I'm just going to block you out of my life forever?"

"I mean I hoped not." I said looking up at him, "I don't want to just not have you in my life."

"And you won't. We'll talk everyday." Justin said confidently.

"That sounds nice." I said getting a little happier, "It just sucks how I came on this cruise with a bestfriend and I'm walking out without one. We were supposed to walk in senior year together with beautiful jocks on our arms and rule the school. Now she's the only one walking in with a jock on her arm- with Alexandria by her side with Ethan."

"I know this sucks Alex, but you'll make new friends. Better friends! Friends who won't stab you in the back."

"I hope so." I said a little doubtfully.

"Hey, when you get back maybe you can talk to Zoey when you get back."

"Yeah no I've tried talking to her and it's never done any good."

"Yeah but this time she can't just hang up. She'll have to face it."

I nodded knowing that was true, "I just don't wanna be hurt again ya know?"

"I know baby girl." Justin said squeezing my hand tighter, "But you'll still rule the school. Might not be with who you wanted it to be with but the schools huge. There's someone for you out there who will make it all worth it."

I smiled. He always knows what to say. I hope I can find someone back home to do the same thing.