0.2

Alex

We arrived on the boat, and I just wanted to get to my room and call Zoey. My parents were taking forever looking at all the sights, and trying to admire the waves. I was bored. I haven't seen a single teenager on this boat. What is this supposed to be? S.S old people?

"Mom can I please go to the room." I said tugging at her shirt, "It's hot."

"Oh for crying out loud Alexandria we just got here!"

"Alex!" I yelled back angrily, "If you're not gonna call me by what I want then just don't call me at all!"

"Alexan-"

I immediately turned away from her, walking to who knows where. I wasn't watching where I was going and bumped into a tall boy with blondish brownish hair.

"I'm sorry." We both declared at the same time. I looked down embarrassed, "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Where are you going in such a rush?" He asked.

"No where-I don't know. I just got here." I said scratching my arm nervously, "Sorry again."

"It's fine. I'm Justin."

"Alex." I said smiling politely, "See you around I guess."

"Yeah." He said soon continuing his walk.

I looked around not knowing what I was doing or where I was going. Storming off probably wasn't the brightest thing but my parents make me so angry. They always have. I can never seem to just see eye to eye with them. All I ask is one thing. Don't call me Alexandria. And you know what they do? Call me Alexandria. I took a seat at a table by some buffet and just sat for a while, having nothing else to do. I decided to call Zoey and tell her what happened. She answered right away.

"Hey!" She said, "How's the boat?"

"It's terrible." I said miserably, "I completely just lost my parents and if I'm being completely honest I don't really want to find them."

"What happened?"

"The Alexandria thing." I said rolling my eyes.

Zoey sighed, "I'm sorry Alex, I wish I was there with you."

"Yeah me too. At least there'd be someone my age on this boat. Literally everyone on this boat is old. I found one teenager and I completely embarrassed myself in front of him."

"Ooooooo is he cute?" Zoey asked wide eyed.

"What?- I guess. I wasn't really paying attention I was too busy running from my parents. God I don't even know where my room is. I feel stranded!"

"Alex you just have to accept he fact that you are stuck on a cruise ship with your parents for 2 months and make the most of it as I said before. Lighten up ok? Call your mom and find out where your room is, take a breather, and try to make friends with the guy you bumped into."

I sighed, "You're right. I have to at least try and act like I'm not completely bummed out by this trip."

"That's my girl!" Zoey said smiling, "Now call your mom."

"Okay. I'll text you later Zo."

"Okay Alex. Have fun!"

I ended the call with Zoey and swallowed my pride calling my mom.

"Hello?" She said angrily through the phone.

"Mom." I said feeling my cheeks flush red, "I don't know where I am can you please give me the room number."

I heard her sigh heavily through the phone, "Room D101. Its across from your dad and I."

"Okay. Thankyou."

"Yeah. And don't think we aren't going to talk about you storming off." She said once again, sternly.

Now it was my turn to let out a heavy sigh, "Yeah okay whatever." I said hanging up. I gathered my bags and lugged them to my suite. I used the signs to help me. I found the door and saw my parents had already unlocked it for me, leaving the key on the night stand. I entered the room enjoying the size of it. It was nice, and had a tv/living room area. I set my bags down and decided to take a full tour. I think I'm actually in love with this room. I heard a knock on the door immediately knowing it was my mom coming to scold me. I ran to the door hesitantly opening it up.

There she was, Godzilla.

"Do you like your room? Or are you going to complain about how Zoeys room is better?" She said letting herself in.

I closed the door behind me, "No. I like the room."

"Really? That's a shock. I could literally picture you running into the room crying about how much you'd rather be in your own bed." My mom commented turning to me with crossed arms, "I know you'd rather be hanging out with your friends right now. Or going to that Ethan guys party, but face it Alex! You're not going! You can bum out all you want but the only person you're hurting is yourself. This cruise is supposed to be fun. We haven't even been here for an hour and you're already pissing me the hell off!" She yelled taking me back a little. She's never used that tone- or raised her voice like that at me.

"I'm sorry." I said swallowing a huge lump in my throat.

"Yeah you should be." My mom said, only making me feel worse, "All I ask of you is to just pretend to be happy! Pretend that your enjoying yourself at least! This might be hard to believe but your attitude can really bring down the mood."

With that, she left. I sat on my bed letting out a loud groan. Great, she's mad at me and my dad probably is too. They're a package deal. I brushed off what just happened with my mom and decided to take Zoeys advice and make friends with the Justin kid. I changed out of my sweats and tank and put on some shorts with a cute shirt that had a palm tree in the middle. I left the suite locking the door behind me hoping to run into Justin again.

I walked for a while- slowly starting to loose hope. I finally found someone sitting by themselves at the buffet and knew it was Justin by his hair. I walked over to him and sat. He looked up surprised, "Oh hey." He said adding a small chuckle.

"Hi." I said smiling, "Looks like we're the only teens on this boat, huh?"

"Just about." Justin said looking around.

"Us teens should stick together, no?"

"Yeah!" Justin said looking at me, "Definitely. Who'd you come with?"

"My parents. You?"

"Same." He said, "My parents wanted to spend one last summer with me before I go off to college."

"Oh really? What college?" I asked.

"NYU." He answered, "What college are you going to?"

"No where yet but once I finish school I want to go to SCAT university."

"When do you finish school?"

"I'll be a senior after summer so about another year." I replied.

For the next hour, I just talked to Justin and for that time period I forgot all about my parents, Zoey and a party. Maybe this cruise won't be so bad after all.

--

Comment your thoughts :)