0.3

Alex

It started to get late so Justin and I continued our conversation as he walked me to my room. His was D104 so he was only staying 3 doors down. We stopped at my door once we arrived, "You're a great conversationalist." I joked.

He laughed, "You're not so bad yourself. See you tomorrow?"

"Oh yeah." I said smiling, "Hanging out with you is much better than hanging out with my parents."

"Is that so?" I heard making me jump. I saw my mom standing by her door which was across from mine. I rolled my eyes, "Mom seriously, privacy!"

"Hello I'm Alexandrias mom." She said going to shake Justin's hand. He looked at me for a second as he heard Alexandria and then shook her hand, "Hi I'm Justin."

I stood awkwardly, "Okay bye Justin thanks for walking me." I said wanting to get out of this uncomfortable situation.

"Bye Alex. See you later." He said then walking to his door. I looked at my mom angrily, "Why would you do that."

"Do what?"

"Don't act clueless you know what you did. As if you eavesdropping on my conversation wasn't bad enough- you called me Alexandria right in front of him!"

"Honey.. That's. Your. Name. That's what your father and I named you! Do you have to hate everything we do?" My mom yelled aggravated.

"You know how I feel about my name." I said looking at her in disbelief.

"So what! You're name has a bad story along with it but that's the past!"

"The past sticks with me mom! And whenever you call me that I-" I stopped myself feeling a crack in my voice, "I remember what happened and the memory just hurts."

My mom softened up as she saw the tears glistening in my eyes.

"Alexandria I-"

"And there you go again."

"I can't help it! I want to call you by your name!"

"How about you just not call me at all." I said walking into my room slamming the door behind me. I slid down the door and blinked away the tears. No I'm not going to cry. I'm on vacation and I need to be cheery. Don't cry.

I got undressed and took a quick shower before putting on pajamas and getting into bed. I called Zoey before I completely dozed off.

"Hey." She answered cheerily, "Did you talk to that Justin kid?"

"Yeah I did. He's super cool."

"Take a picture for me tomorrow." She said. I nodded in agreement, "I think I can get through this torturous trip if he just sticks by my side."

"That's great. See! See what happens when you make the most out of things?"

"Shut up." I laughed rolling my eyes, "What are your plans for the rest of the week?"

"I don't know.. probably binge watch 7 Netflix series. I was hoping to hang with you silly goose. I'm bored out of my mind!" Zoey said throwing her head back in fake anger.

"I know! I wish I was there!"

"You'll always be here through FaceTime." Zoey said playfully putting her hand on her screen.

"Ha yeah. Goodnight Zo."

"Night Alex."

The call then ended. I rolled over in bed and closed my eyes hoping to get a good sleep tonight, and have a good day tomorrow.