Chapter twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I felt a hand lock onto my wrist and pull me. Gray had pulled me closer towards him just so he could whisper something to me in private.

Gray: "So when are you going to admit that I was right?"

Natsu: "Huh?"

Gray: "I knew you guys had something."

He smirked as he awaited an answer.

Natsu: "I'll admit it the day you admit that I was right about you and Juvia."

Gray: "So that's how you're going to play it?"

Natsu: "Pretty much."

I returned his smirk with one of mine own and he let's go of my wrist. Suddenly we were interrupted by the blue haired girl from before.

Juvia: "Gray-sama let's go and clean ourselves up before the party starts."

Gray: "Alright."

He agrees while placing his arm over her shoulder and leaving the guild to go get themselves cleaned up at THEIR place for the party. A scoff comes from me as I watch them walk away. He may not want to admit it but he knows that without my help they wouldn't have come this far.

- 2 hours later -

Carla: "They're coming, places everyone!"

The white exceed shouted to everyone in the guild. We all got into our positions and were ready to surprise the birthday girl that was on her way here. A few minutes passed and she had finally arrived. Once she opened the guild doors we all jumped out and shouted together one simple word...

Everyone: "SURPRISE!"

Lucy: "Huh!?"

Her eyes widened at the sound and sight of everyone popping in front of her with balloons and party gifts. I then walked towards her with a wide smile.

Natsu: "Happy birthday Lucy!"

Lucy: "This is all for me...?"

Natsu: "Nah, it's for another girl named Lucy. What do you think?"

Lucy: "I thought there was something odd with the water fountains outside actually working."

She smiled brightly while talking.

Juvia: "Well Natsu did want everything to be perfect."

Lucy: "You planned this?"

Natsu: "Aye."

I answer honestly and in return receive a warm hug from the blonde that stood before me. Wrapping my arms around her waist I then felt a small kiss pressed onto my right cheek.

Lucy: "Thank you Natsu... And I'm also grateful for everyone's help. You guys are the best family a girl could ask for."

Natsu: "Come on. Let's celebrate!"

I say to her as I pull her into the crowd and begin the party we all pitched in for her. After awhile of dancing, singing karaoke and socializing with everyone it was finally time to cut the cake. That's when Mirajane and Erza came in.