Chapter twenty

I was now on the train, riding back home with everyone else. Watching the scenery change I pondered about life. Soon the empty seat by me was taken by a familiar pink haired boy. He was smiling at me which left me guessing Wendy used her magic so he wouldn't feel motion sickness.

Nastu: " Oi, Luce what's up?"

He says in a cheerful tone while showing me his toothy grin.

Lucy: "Nothing."

I lied as I look away.

Natsu: "You sure?"

He asked me, worry obviously ringing in his tone as he leans down to try to meet my eyes.

Lucy: "No..."

I confess with that one word while staring at the train's floor.

Natsu: "What's wrong?"

He questions me in a now serious tone.

Lucy: "I don't know..."

I say as I release a sigh from my lips. I didn't know what was bugging me but I was sure something was digging into my skin and giving me a headache.

Natsu: "You don't know what?"

Lucy: "I simply don't know."

Natsu: " Geesh, girls are complicated..."

He says while taking a deep breath and leaning back. Resting his back on the seat with his arms folded behind his head.

Lucy: "Hey, Natsu?"

Calling out his name I slowly look up and move my head to my right, to finally look at him. There was a question that has been pushing all my other thoughts to aside and I simply needed an answer.

The truth... That's all I wanted... All I needed. It would help me puzzle everything together. It would help me figure out what my next move would be. He must know something... I thought while staring into his onyx eyes, hoping to see truth and truth alone.

Natsu: "Yeh?"

He simply replied, waiting patiently for what I had to say.

Lucy: "D-Did you know about Sting?"

I had trouble asking. I was curious but at the same time scared... Scared of what his answer would be.

Natsu: "What about him?"

He asks casually making my nerves calm down a bit.

Lucy: "He said you betrayed him."

I answered his question, not moving my sight at all off him. His expressions were key.

Natsu: "..."

Silence... That's how he replied. Natsu...please... I thought to myself while feeling my heart ache. Natsu is my best friend, he couldn't lie to me.

Lucy: "Natsu...?"

I call out his name.

Natsu: "...oh yeah I remember."