Chapter twenty-one

The train had finally stopped. I was exiting the door while holding my luggage with my hands. Right when I step into the concrete floor of the outside of the train station I feel something pull my luggage out of my hands. For a second I thought it was a thief until I then noticed who it was.

It was the reason I've been feeling so down lately. Natsu... I ignore his smile and pull my luggage away from him, taking them back as I then began to walk away.

Natsu: "Oi, Luce let me help you."

Lucy: "Go help Wendy."

I say as I continue to walk, trying to stay away from him but he simply follows. Why can he just leave me be?

Natsu: "But she's not the one I want to help right now."

Lucy: "Why not?"

I ask in an irritated tone as I stop in my tracks and look at him with an annoying expression on my face.

Natsu: "Because she's not my girlfriend."

Lucy: "..."

Girlfriend...I used to love it when he called me that but now I'm starting to hate it with all my guts. Natsu takes the luggage out of my hands again but I simply take it back once more.

Natsu: "What's with the attitude?"

Lucy: "What's with the li-..?"

I begin to say but cut myself off before I make a scene in front of everyone and let out the truth. Sighing I try to control my temper.

Natsu: "What's with what?"

Natsu asks me but before any further arguments Erza pops out of nowhere and asks us something else.

Erza: "Are you love birds excited to announce the news to the guild?"

Erza says with a smile which I obviously knew was fake. I've known her almost all my life and I knew she was hurting right now. She feels bad but covers it up.

Natsu: "Aye!"

Lucy: "I feel a little sick right now... I think I'll go when I feel better."

I lie to get out of this whole thing. I didn't want to lie to anyone else so I lied to Erza. How ironic, right?

Erza: "In that case, Natsu you should take care of Lucy."

Lucy: "No!"

I yell as my eyes widen. My voice then lowers itself when I notice both Erza and Natsu staring at me in silence,

Erza: "..."

Natsu: "..."

Lucy: "I uhhh mean I don't want to get him sick too."

Natsu: "I don't care if I get sick, let me be with you."

Natsu says in what seems like an honest tone but I just wasn't sure of what believing anymore. I wasn't even sure if he even cared about my well being... Natsu what have you done to me..? Now I can seem to see truth in your words when in the past your words were my hope...

Lucy: "No...okay? I said no."

And with that simple sentence I walk off to town. Not knowing what I would do next. I couldn't just fake being sick my whole life.