Chapter twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

Mirajane: "Lucy are you alright?"

Lucy: "Huh?"

I glanced up from the wooden table as I was snapped out of my thoughts by the soft voice of Mirajane. Focusing my gaze on everyone in the room I then waited out a couple of seconds to hear what they had to say.

Natsu: "You spaced out on us."

Mirajane: "Is everything okay?"

Lucy: "Yeah, sorry."

I answered with a reassuring tone. Soon Natsu stood up from his seat and grabbed our dirty plates. Before walking away into the kitchen he leaned down and set his warm lips onto the skin of my cheek, placing a small peck on them. A smile came from me then.

Natsu: "Thank you for the food."

Lucy: "No problem."

Lissana: "..."

Mirajane: "I just noticed. That's Natsu's scarf you're wearing, right?"

Mirajane questioned with a wide grin playing on her lips. She released a slightly fake gasp before throwing a wink in my direction. I could feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment and decided to make up an excuse but of course I was going to be cut off.

Lucy: "Well yeah it's just-..."

Natsu: "She insisted on covering the mark I left on her, since make up didn't work. I don't get it."

Mirajane: "She must feel embarrassed, I mean imagine what people would say or worst...ask."

Mira's eyebrows wiggled at her comment causing my blush to darken and become more visible then it already was. Suddenly Natsu's attention was drawn elsewhere and caused him to speak up.

Natsu: "You okay Lis?"

Lissana: "...y-you promised."

The shaking girl's voice cracked as a glossy coat of tears covered her eyes. Not long passed before a tear rolled down her pale skin. A confused expression formed on Natsu's face while he stepped towards the upset girl.

Natsu: "Huh?"

Lissana: "You promised you wouldn't share your scarf with anyone else but me!"

She yelled while tears continued to fall. Her lips quivered as her hands clenched themselves into fists. Natsu placed both of his hands on her shoulders and tried to make the crying girl to look into his onyx eyes but it was no use.

Natsu: "Lissana it's not a big deal, calm-..."

Lissana: "It never was to you! Was it!?!?"

She cut his sentence short before yelling once again at him. Roughly pushing him away from her the crying girl ran out of the room and left the cabin.

Natsu: "Lissana..."

Mirajane: "Lissana!"

Her older sister yelled out her name and took a step forward to the door but I stopped her. I knew it would be best if I spoke to Lissana myself. We needed to fix this problem now, no matter what the cost is and if in the end I must let him go... Then I will.