Chapter 6 - Curse of Foresight

Start from the beginning

"Planthorr, look! Bardock's brain waves are fluctuating at an amazing rate!" Malaka cried. Planthorr immediately looked at Bardock's brain waves and his eyes widened by that wave patterns he saw. Peering into the tank, Planthorr looked into Bardock's face. There was a disturbed expression etched onto Bardock's features and his fingers were quivering.

"Either he is reacting to his son's cries or he is having a really vivid dream, the patterns of his brain waves indicate he believes that he's awake…" Planthorr surmised as he supervised Bardock's brain patterns.

My son, Kakkarot, I can hear you cry…can you sense my presence as I do yours? Bardock thought to himself as the sound of his child cries rang in his ears. He could even see his son whimpering in his crib and the resemblance was remarkable. Did Toloo really instill psychic abilities into me? Am I having a telepathic exchange with my son? Suddenly, he saw the recurring vision of a murky red planet in the distance that resembled Vegetasei but then it exploded into mushroom-like cloud of smoke.

That fallen planet looks a lot like Vegetasei, but how could that be?

Then from the cloud of smoke he saw a space pod holding his crying son shoot out into the blackness of outer space. His pod then approached a blue-green planet that shone like dazzling gem against the inky black backdrop of the galaxy. His pod landed into lush vegetation and a wrinkled-looking native of the planet happened upon him.

Who is that old man and where is he taking my son? What does he plan to do to you, Kakkarot?

Images of his young son flashed before his eyes. Bardock could see Kakkarot terrorizing the old man in his home, falling over and promptly hitting his head. He then saw his son grown into a dull young boy that met a pretty looking girl with strange blue hair, where they began searching golden orange orbs. More images of his son interacting with the other natives of the planet surfaced in front of him. He was getting stronger and more powerful as he grew up, but instead of annihilating the natives he protected them.

Kakarot, you're a strong warrior just like us, yet you're nothing like us…

Unexpectedly, Toma's face appeared and it was badly battered and bruised. All the members of his team were on a strange ravaged looking planet and they all looked very dead. The sounds of Kakkarot's crying became piercing and Bardock began twitching frantically in his tank.

"Malaka, drain the tank immediately! His vitals are erratic!" Planthorr cried out. Malaka rushed over and began hitting the coordinates to release Bardock from the healing tank. The fluid whooshed out through the filters and the hatch door popped up.

Removing the breathing mask, he shook his head hastily to free the remaining moisture that clung to his spiky hair as well as the fading images of team members lying dead. He felt disorientated and his memory was slightly fuzzy.

"What a vivid nightmare…" Bardock breathed to himself, not understanding the images that haunted him. "How did I get here?" Bardock wondered, as he got out of the tank. The last thing he coherently remembered was his conversation with Fasha by the fire.

"After your successful takeover of Kanassa, you sustained a head injury from the last survivor. Your team brought you back to base straightaway." Planthorr explained.

"My team? Where are they now?" Bardock asked, as he strode towards his armour and began to quickly dress himself.

"They're already on another mission, they left for Planet Meat. The assignment was appointed to them by Freiza himself." Planthorr informed.

"Appointed by Freiza?!" Bardock exclaimed as he quickly pulled on his dark red arm bands and placed his scouter onto his ear and over his left eye. "Finally! We're getting the recognition that we've been seeking!"