Chapter 22: Young Master

Owww~

That attack hurt more than I was prepared for but at least I was able to get back up in time to get out of that guys sight. Looking at myself, my clothes are in tatters with my left sleeve hanging on by barely a thread. This will probably get in the way so I tear the sleeve off from the shoulder to free up my movement a little. Now then, where exactly did I end up?

Looking at the large metal objects sprawled across the area, the mostly destroyed train tracks, I suppose it's pretty obvious where I've ended up. Back in the tunnel under mount Glenn after everything's blown up. Taking peeks around the corners before finding a gap to run through, I've been noticing a lot of Grimm, packs of them in some cases.

You know... this could actually be good for me...

If I take out all of those Grimm or, at least a lot of them, it might just give me the strength I need to take this guy down. Alright, yeah, let's do that.

Sneaking around, I came across a small clearing with a pack of Beowolves sitting around aimlessly, growling at one another. Forming Grimm Heart, I stepped forwards into the fire lit light, the Grimm taking notice of me, didn't take up a defensive posture but instead, just remained sitting there. As if they understood my reasons for killing them. Well that makes things harder...

As I was about to continue forward to systematically annihilate them one by one, a lone Beowolf stepped towards me, slowly and without any sign of attacking. When it was within blades reach, it kneeled down, as if it were pledging its life to its king or something of a similar manner.

[Sol] "what's going on here?"

Before I had noticed it, a veritable small army of Grimm had surrounded me on all sides, encompassing me in a circle of kneeling or rather, bowing subjects. They're too young to hold a proper conversation so asking them why they're doing this is out of the question but two words were constantly circulating like an echo in the winds and in my mind.

""""""""Young master""""""""""

All of the Grimm surrounding me began exuding a familiar black mist that slowly but surely made its way towards me, entering my body and filling me with strength as they all disappeared into nothingness.

It's a weird feeling to be sure. The only Grimm before this to have ever willingly given up their life and power to Ryu and I, was our father Ryusan, and now, right now, at this very instant. I feel strong. The area around my left eye and right arm are stinging with a slight burning sensation when I notice that guy walking this way. My sword still in his hands as he walked towards me, aiming it at me.

Seeing him using Ryu's- my brothers weapon like this, filled me with rage as I leapt at him with astonishing speed. He put Dragons Fang in front of his face with the flat side showing towards me but my right fist hit it, as we connected, a large crater in the ground formed below us.

[Sol] "That's not yours!"

he was blown back. Looking at my arm now, it's covered in some white, bone-like armour. The same kind that a Grimm have over parts of their body. I wonder, is that what the feeling around my left eye was? Has something similar formed around my eye?

I have no time to check right now as the black armoured hunter is charging forwards once more, stretching his glowing orange left fist out in an attempt to punch me in the face, I catch it with my armoured right hand, looking at it, then towards him, his green eyes now glowing through his helmet, I couldn't help but smile at the insane power boost I just received.

I could hear the mechanisms in his arm begin to whir like crazy as I increased the strength I was putting into my grip on his hand.

[3] "grrrr..."
[Sol] "oh? I think that's the first noise you've made."

I could see his glowing green eyes widen in anger as he went to hit me with his other arm, unfortunately for him though, I saw it coming in time to knock him back by slamming my left fist into his chest. He rolled back to his feet and charged me again. I was able to dodge each of his attacks with ease, not just because I've been strengthened, but also because his fighting style has begun falling to pieces. He's not using any of the dust in his armour, all he's doing is throwing punches like a rabid animal. Each hit he threw completely destroyed anything it came in contact which is quite worrying and he doesn't seem to be exhausted at all, but at this rate it should t be long before he opens up a nice opening.

There!

- Ruby's pov

We've killed a ton of Grimm at this point and it looks like there aren't any more coming from the massive breach in the ground and Miss Goodwitch has arrived looking a little... unimpressed, to say the least. As she was sealing up the hole, we were all thinking that that would be the end of it, but as the pieces of debris were being put back in place, two figures burst from the hole, to everyone's surprise as the breach was sealed. Everyone prepared their weapons once again to deal with whatever had just come forth but... the figures that came out were both humanoid, one with mechanical looking black armour with pieces taken off mainly over the left side and the other was wearing a familiar black outfit that was ripped and torn all over the place. He had white hair, one bright yellow eye while the left one was a mix of yellow, orange and red with no pupil, his left eye was encased in part of a Grimm mask while his right arm was almost completely encased in the White and red bone-like armour. Looking at his clothing, he looks familiar...

The masked guy and the armoured guy are fighting with the masked guy having a serious advantage at the moment when out of thin air he slashes at the armoured guy with a crimson blade, creating a slice in the armour that drew blood. The masked guy then delivered a powerful kick to his stomach, sending him into a seated position backed up against a wall. The masked guy put the tip of his sword facing the armoured guy's throat when I finally realised who the masked guy is. He turned his slightly to face us and my mind clicked at the familiar facial features.
[Ruby] "Ryu...?"
[Sol] "I have a lot of explaining to do don't I?"

- Sols pov

Turning back to face my prisoner, an unfortunate sight was laid before me. He's gone. I'm not sure when or how but he managed to slip by without anyone here noticing. After silently cursing to myself under my breath, a familiar scythe wielding girl ran towards me, giving me a wide hug that should be reserved only for Ryu. I need to stop this before the misunderstanding goes too far, though it might be hard for them to understand or accept and it will probably hurt Ruby knowing that Ryu is gone for the time being again...

[Sol] "Ruby..."
[Ruby] "Yeah Ryu?"
[Sol] "I'm not Ryu."

[AN: and that's that for this volume. Hope you enjoyed reading and any feedback would be greatly appreciated :) if everything goes well, it won't be too long before the next volume but I'm pretty lazy so who knows 😅 well... bye for now.]