Chapter 4: Betrayal?

While sun tried to hurry me along, I walked casually towards the dorms with my thoughts centred heavily and solely on revenge.

[Sun] "come oooon, hurry up!"
[Sol] "Glad to see you're up and at em but locking up your emotions can't be healthy for you."
[Ryu] "*thoughts* It can't be good for you either."
[Sol] "true, true, but, what's Miss Rose gonna think about your new outlook?"
[Ryu] "*thoughts* doesn't matter."
[Sol] "ouch, you'll make her cry with that attitude."
[Ryu] "*Thoughts* well maybe pushing her away from a monster like me would be for the best."
[Sol] "you've gotta stop doing this to yourself."
[Ryu] "*thoughts* why are you suddenly on my side?"
[Sol] "I'm not a monster. Your thoughts affect who I am. I want to see you use your power, but I don't want m- your friends getting hurt in the process."
[Ryu] "*Thoughts* well now, aren't you the magnanimous one."
[Sol] "*sigh* you're going to get the people you care about hurt, or even worse at this rate."
[Ryu] "*Quietly* shut up. I know what I'm doing."
[Sun] "what was that?"
[Ryu] "..."
[Sun] "why won't you talk!"

Eventually we made it back to the dorms, walking through the halls as a few people recognised me. Some waved and some stared in shock. Was the reason I was away knowledge for everyone? Or was it just the fact that I was stabbed that everyone knew about?
Anyway, here we stand, outside the team Rwby dorm room. Time to see what's new I guess.

I opened the door and there stood the four girls, they wore slightly different outfits compared to usual and the looks on their faces ranged from surprised to happy to angry to a few others.

[Ruby] "Ryu..."
[Ryu] "hey"

Yang rushed forward and grabbed me by the collar, pushing me up against the wall.

[Yang] "what the hell is wrong with you!?"
[Ryu] "what?"
[Yang] "don't just walk in when we're getting changed!"
[Ryu] "eh? *looks back into the room before being slammed against the wall again* My mistake."
[Yang] "and your last- wait, Ryu?"
[Ryu] "...yes?"

Yang let go of my collar allowing my feet to touch the ground once more as she stepped back into the room slowly before turning to Ruby.

[Yang] "Ruby.."
[Ruby] "yeah?"
[Yang] "it's..."
[Ruby] "I know."
[Yang] "w-why didn't you tell me?"
[Ruby] "*blushing* he walked in on me changing... I didn't know what to say..."
[Ryu] "sorry about that."
[Ruby] "It-it's fine..."

Ruby hid her face in her hood before Weiss stepped forward with the aim of getting things back on track.

[Weiss] "so what's the plan?"
[Blue haired boy] "uh, mind introducing us first?"
[Weiss] "oh, right"
[Sun] "Neptune, this is Ryu, the last member of team Rrwby and a really quiet guy. Ryu, this is Neptune, my teammate and friend."
[Neptune] "that's all the intro I get? *sigh* nice to meet you."
[Ryu] "likewise."
[Yang] "*looking like something was bothering her* hey Ryu, what happened? You're so much quieter than usual. And you haven't smiled once since you got back. Not even when you saw Ruby."
[Ryu] "Talking takes up the time I could be ki- helping take down this corrupt organisation the monkey was talking about."
[Sun] "my name is sun!"
[Ryu] "...monkey."
[Sun] "got something against the Faunus!?"
[Ryu] "I have something against people in general."
[Sun] "...oh"
[Ruby] "*concerned* Ryu...?"
[Ryu] "let's get on with this."
[Ruby] "o-okay... so, the plan.."

Ruby went on to explain the plan. Yang and Neptune would be in charge of collecting information from people yang knows/knows of, though Weiss had suggested she team up with Neptune for the next part it was quickly shot down. Ruby and Weiss would go to the schnee corporation to see what they could find out there while Blake and Sun would sneak into where the white fang were having a meeting. This left me without a partner or a goal.

[Ruby] "and Ryu..."
[Ryu] "if you didn't know what you wanted me to do then why'd you come get me in the first place?"
[Ruby] "that's..."
[Yang] "Ryu! Isn't that obvious!?"
[Ryu] "what?"
[Yang] "her boyfriend's been locked up for two weeks after almost dying! Doesn't it make sense that she would want to see you!?"
[Ryu] "*without showing a hint of emotion* I didn't think of that. I hadn't thought about any of you after all."

Everyone in the room fell silent at my declaration.

[Ryu] "going to this meeting gives me the best chance of getting what I need to do done, so I'll go with Blake and the monkey and hide in the shadows if I have to."
[Blake] "no."
[Ryu] "what?"
[Blake] "you're not in the right mindset to be working in a team, so I think it's better if you just stay back after all."
[Sol] "She's right you know."
[Ryu] "*anger rising visibly on his face* and the team leader? What do you say?"
[Ruby] "*everyone turns to Ruby* I-..I agree with Blake. I'm sorry Ryu but, I think you need to calm down before you can help at all..."
[Ryu] "...I see... and this is how you all feel?"

Everyone nods there head slowly in unison. To this, I smile dejectedly and storm out of the room, though not before standing in the door way and saying one final thing to the team of traitors.

[Ryu] "I'm done with all of you. *quietly* you can die for all I care."

With that, I left the room, slamming the door on the way out.

- Ruby

[Weiss and Neptune] "what's his problem? *Blake and Yang elbow the two of them in the sides.* ouch."
[Ruby] "Ryu..."

Why? Why did he leave? Why did he say that? What happened to him?

I fell to my knees, feeling the wet trickle of water running down my face. I'm crying, is this really the last time I'm going to see him? The last time we'll be on a team? He gave me cookies, took me to hunters heaven, we killed a nevermore too, I-I didn't care about his strange semblance, so why?

[Yang] "Ruby...*placing her hand on Ruby's shoulder*"

I felt Yangs hand touch my shoulder but I quickly brushed it off and leapt into a hug. I cried in front of everyone for the next five minutes before finally regaining my composure.

[Ruby] "let's do this thing."

- Ryu

After leaving I stormed my way through the building until I found myself on a ship back to Vale.

[Sol] "well that was, interesting"
[Ryu] "shut it."

Vale was coming into view, the city lights beginning to light up as the sun went down.

[Sol] "so what's the plan now?"
[Ryu] "I'm going to look for that woman and her friends. If she's still working with the white fang then I think I have an idea of where to find them."
[Sol] "then maybe that white fang meeting could yield some answers?"
[Ryu] "that could work... but then I risk running into them again."
[Sol] "really? I hadn't thought of that."
[Ryu] "just what are you? It's like you're actually trying to get me to make amends with them."
[Sol] "now what would I have to gain from that?"
[Ryu] "*sigh* I don't have time for your mind games. I'll head to that meeting but I won't be helping any of those six."
[Sol] "you get stabbed once and suddenly the whole world's against you."
[Ryu] "shut the hell up."