Chapter 16: Rescue

I braced myself for my landing, firmly planting my feet on the hard ground. A group of about five white fang that seemed to be skipping work, chatting away happily, noticed the loud sound that echoed behind them. Turning around, one of them received a hard, left handed punch to the face that knocked him out immediately. Twisting my body, I delivered an aura charged kick to one of their stomachs, knocking the wind out of him and sending him sailing into a nearby container, indenting it and leaving him hanging there. I blocked a female members fist from behind me and sent a palm strike into her chest causing her to fall over before I stomped on her stomach, leaving the third white fang member unconscious. The last two both drew their weapons at the same time. Two handguns pointed toward either side of my head, I hit both of their hands with my own causing the weapons to fly up into the air. While the two white fang were still in a state of surprise, I grabbed one of their arms and flung them over my shoulder making them collide with their coworker on the other side of me. They both groaned as a thud resounded behind me.

[Blake] "I guess sneaking is out of the question."
[Oobleck] "indeed that appears to be the case!"

Weiss walked up to me to the point our faces were barely centimetres apart before she began to berate me.

[Weiss] "Look before you leap! Isn't that an obvious thing to do?! You're not on your own anymore you idiot!"
[Ryu] "e-eh?"
[Weiss] "I understand that we haven't really been a team for very long with all things considered, but that doesn't mean you can just run off by yourself! We help each other! It's what teammates are for."
[Ryu] "a-ah..."

I calmed myself down with a deep breath and looked once more at the ice princess who seemed to be a bit warmer than I remember her. I smiled with the realisation that there were no falsities in her words.

[Ryu] "Thanks Weiss. I'll try to remember from now on."

Weiss' face was died red momentarily before regaining her composure, walking away from me and over towards the others. Meanwhile, Yang had picked up one of the two half conscious white fang members by the necks of their uniforms, shaking him violently whilst asking him where Ruby was.

[Yang] "Where is she!?"
[WF] "I-I don't know what you're talking about!"
[Yang] "small, Hood, likes the colour red!"
[WF] "th-that kid?"
[Yang] "Where is she!?"
[WF] "eeeek! R-r-romans got her! At the train!"
[Yang] "Now was that so hard?"
[WF] "y-you'll let me go?"
[Yang] "Nope."

Yang knocked out the white fang member with a closed fist to the face. She turned to the rest of us with a smirk on her face.

[Yang] "let's go save my sister."
[Everyone] "Right!/Yeah!/Woof!"
[Blake] "uuuhh... we have company."
[Everyone] "hm?"

Looks like my entrance got everyone a little riled up. There's a wave of white fang carrying automatic weaponry lead by two atlesian paladins headed our way. Without a second to waste I began charging towards the first of the paladins before stopping midway.

[Weiss] "What ar-!"
[Ryu] "Blake! Grab its attention!"
[Blake] "Right!"

Blake began leaping through the air, effectively drawing the paladins attention towards her, using her semblance to avoid the rain of missiles and bullets.

[Ryu] "Weiss! Yang!
[Weiss] "Y-yeah?"
[Ryu] "boost Yang over to me!"
[Weiss] "Right!"

Both Yang and Weiss smirked at my commands as Yang began running as Weiss prepared a glyph below Yang. Using the activated glyphs boost and Yangs gauntlets to increase her speed even further, she was within arms reached almost instantaneously. I reached my arm behind me to which Yang held tightly. Focusing on bringing out the strength of an Ursa, I activated my pitch black aura and my arm slowly turned the same black colour. Spinning on the spot with Yang still firmly latched on, I threw her as hard as I could towards the paladin. Yang rocketed through the first paladin, constantly firing off her gauntlets to keep her speed, she reached the second paladin before the first had hit the floor, ripping its arm clean from the rest of its body before flying into a group of armed white fang, swinging the detached, robotic limb from side to side. It didn't take long before the rest of the white fang foot soldiers were taken care of.