14

Henry decides not to go to any of his classes or the man cave but waits for Charlotte to be alone so that he can try to talk some sense into her, she can't be with Mitch, she just can't be . He texts jasper and asks him to tell ray that he won't be able to make it for work today. Afterwards he begins to tail  Mitch and Charlotte all day and he waits for Mitch to leave her alone which takes a really long time cause they literally do everything together.
Henry: ugh come on Mitch leave her alone, even just for five minutes geez!
An opportunity presents itself when Charlotte has to go for a L.I.M.P meeting and Mitch has to  go to detention, before going their separate ways Charlotte gives Mitch a hug.
Henry: eergh geez
Henry waits for Mitch to leave  and then he follows Charlotte. He catches up with her, grabs and pulls her into the janitor's closet and locks the door behind them. Henry turns to look at Charlotte, she looks scared, it's the same look she had the day Drex kidnapped her.
Charlotte: w...what do you want? Henry: char relax I just......
Charlotte: DONT CALL ME THAT! DONT YOU EVER CALL ME THAT!
Henry: okay okay relax I just want to talk
Charlotte grabs a broom and tries to hit Henry with it  but he manages to take the broom from her, she tries to escape but Henry stops her.
Henry: Char.....lotte stop I just want to talk to you
Charlotte: about what huh? About what? You want to start another rumor about me?
Henry: what? no? What are you talking about?
Charlotte scoffs.
Charlotte: what do you want from me? I've got to go somewhere......its getting late.....and I........
Henry I just want to talk
Charlotte: about what?
Henry:about....Mitch.....you shouldn't be with him, he's.....
Charlotte: HOW DARE YOU?
Henry: Charlotte.....
Charlotte: who do think you are?
Henry: Charlotte, Mitch is a jerk, you shouldn't be with a guy like that!
Charlotte swings her hand and hits Henry cross the face
Charlotte : that jerk was the only one who was there for me when you put me through the worst!  He is the only one who reached out.......
Charlotte stops, her eyes are getting teary
Henry: what? What do you mean?
What are you talking about?
Henry tries to comfort her but she pushes him away
Charlotte: don't touch me or come near me
Henry: Charlotte I don't understand why you hate me so much and why you're with Mitch, you couldn't stand.....
Henry stops himself before he says anything he shouldn't.
Charlotte: you don't understand why I hate you so much? ooh so you're just going to pretend like you don't know what you've put me through?
Henry: Charlotte I don't know what you're talking about honestly I get that we're not friends but.......
Charlotte: stop it okay just stop, I don't know what you're up to but I'm done playing, please open the door and let me go.
Henry: no! I'm not letting you go until I talk some sense into you! You shouldn't be with a guy like Mitch!
Charlotte: oooh okay and what exactly is wrong with Mitch if I may ask? Huh? He's better than you! Better than everybody here in this rotten school!
Henry: Charlotte how could you say something like that? Mitch is a bully and I'm nothing like him, he.......
Charlotte: yeah you're right, you're nothing like him.
The last sentence sent shivers down Henry's spine. The look in Charlotte's eyes, its pure hate  something he knows is going to haunt him for the rest of his life.
Henry: Charlotte, Mitch is.......
Charlotte: the only one who stood up for me, he's the only one who defended me!
Henry: defended you from who? From what?
Charlotte: FROM YOU! From everyone here in this school!
Henry doesn't say anything, he opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out
Charlotte: he was and is the only one who is nice to me, kind to me, the only one who......speaks to me who w....w...who treats me like a human being, a person with feelings
Henry: ch..........
Charlotte: and not that I owe you, of all people any explanations but if that is the only thing that will get you to let me go then fine! when you started that stupid rumor about me having lice in kindergarten you ruined my life, it sounds stupid right? but it's  not. You wouldn't stop spreading that stupid rumor over and over again,  I tried to tell everyone that you were lying but they didn't believe me, Chloe made sure of that, she always defended you, telling everyone you had no reason to lie even if she has never, not even once bothered to ask me if it was true or not.  no body wanted to be friends with me, no body talked to me, they were all afraid of being friends with the lice girl or even being seen sitting next to the lice girl, they still don't.
Charlotte stops to wipe the stream of tears that had run down her cheeks.
Henry: I.......
Charlotte: because of you I had no friends I still don't have any friends, every one avoids me like the plague, to them being seen next to me is social suicide and so they avoid me.I'm invisible, no one talks to me, no one sits next to me in cafeteria. but Mitch he..... he doesn't care about all that, he doesn't care what any of you say, he talks to me, he is kind to me, he defends me from each and every one of you! He keeps me safe and happy. Now I don't know what's gotten into you today but I'd rather we go back to you treating me like I don't exist alright I'm okay with it now.
Henry doesn't speak he stands there staring at a crying Charlotte, all he wanted to do was protect her but not like this, sure she's safe from the bad guys but at what cost? At that very moment He wants to apologize for everything and do everything in his power to put everything back to how it should be in the first place, he wants to go back in time and undo everything but an image of her lying in bed in the man cave nearly dying flashes in his mind and he changes his mind.
Charlotte: I just have one question, what did I ever to you Henry hart huh? Why did you spread that rumor about me? What do you still do It?
Charlotte says this while wiping tears from her eyes, it breaks Henry's heart he hates seeing her cry, he hates seeing her like this, he hates it even more that he is the reason why she is like this in the first place but it's for the best, it's for the best she's better off here even if she hates him with every fiber of her being.
Henry: I didn't say anything that wasn't true lice girl
Charlotte: what?
Henry heads over to the door and opens it.
Henry: I was bored and I thought it would be fun to mess with your head today is all but now you've ruined all the fun by crying all over the place and being pathetic so bye

Henry opens the door and motions for Charlotte to get out. She stands there staring at him, tears falling down her cheeks, he struggles to keep a straight face, the smug look he has on his face threatens to disappear, he wants to hug her and tell her the whole truth, he wants to make her understand why he's doing all this, he wants her to hug him back and call him an idiot boy like she always did before, he wants her to tell him that his plan is crazy and that they will figure out a different better way to protect her from harms way, he wants everything to go back to normal but instead she begins to walk away and he lets her go, she's better off without him in her life. Henry leaves the janitor's closet immediately after Charlotte.
Mitch: HART!