Chapter Forty-Nine

Aaliyah POV

Ever since my doctors appointment I have been taking it very easy. I hadnt let the house in almost two weeks. After my doctor told me that the fight was putting stress on me and the baby. I felt terrible and so I knew I had to chill for my baby. I had not seen my girls in a while and I missed them terribly. I invited them over tonight and promised I would cook for them. We said we would dress up and pretend we were having a night out on the town. I was waiting on Michael to bring the groceries I asked. I heard the door open and looked towrds it. Micheal had all the bags in his hand and was working towards the kitchen . I followed him in there and grabbed a few things from him.

"Hey you dont need to grab that stuff I got it" He said.

"I know you do, but I can help. I am going to go get dressed can you just prep all the stuff for me please" I said.

"Yeah I can do that"

I looked in my closet and knew I wanted to be edgy chic. I grabbed a Balmain denim jacket I ordered online and never wore. It hung off the shoulders which is what I liked about it. A ribbed nude dress and my hot pink Gucci slippers. I went back out to the kitchen and started preparing the steaks, mashed potatoes, and corn. Michael made the salad and prepared drinks for me. I heard a knock at the door and ran to get it. Adam bragged in once I opened it and threw his arms around me.
"Oh lord I missed you!" He screamed
"You are so damn dramatic, but I missed you more" I said and laughed.
Rocky and Micha came in and rubbed my belly and hugged me. They looked over and saw Michael and gave me a look.
"What he doing here?" Adam asked loudly.
"Shut your ass up" Roxy said and grabbed him.
Yall go out to the balcony I will bring the stuff out. Micheal helped me bring all the food out and then left to go home.
"Run the tea hoe we ain't got all night. Y'all sleeping together again? Playing house and stuff" Adam said.
"No he's just been helping me take it easy" I said.
"I bet he has" Micha said.
"This exactly why I didn't tell y'all" I said.
"Listen you going what's best for you and your situation but beware that he may be the same person he always was. So if you fall for him and he hasn't changed you can't blame anyone but yourself" Roxy said.
"You better preach!" Adam chimed in.
"Thank y'all for all the concern now please let's eat!" I said.
We spent the night gossiping and catching up. I missed  them like crazy so I almost wanted to lock them in here with me once it was time for them to leave. I cleaned up everything after they left and changed into some pajamas. I heard my phone ringing and ran to get it.
"Hey what you doing?" Michael said.
"Nothing about to lay down. What about you?" I replied.
"Just chilling with Carter" he said.
"It's so late for him to be up" I said.
"Yeah I know but I couldn't sleep so I woke him up" he said then laughed.
"You are terrible" I said then laughed.
"Want me to come over?" He asked.
"It's late. You can stay home" I said.
"This is far from my home. When the baby is born do you want me to move into your place?" Michael asked.
"No" I said.
"What you mean no?" He replied shocked.
"Why would you move in here? You have you own son who's only a few months old. You have an estranged fiancé" I said.
"Carter would be moving with me. She is not my fiancé I told you I called it off" he said.
"Who says I'm ready for two babies? And just because you called it off with her doesn't mean you jump right back in with me" I said.
"Aight. Talk to you tomorrow" he said then hung up.
I stared at the phone a little angry but let it go. I got under the covers and turned on the TV before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

Michael POV
I hadn't seen Aaliyah since she told me she didn't want me to move in. I was really upset with her. I had been working to show her I am the man she needs in her life and she was still keeping me at a distance. I was tired of it and she was going to need to give up soon.