Chapter Twenty Nine

Aaliyah POV

"Thank you for flying with Southwest have a good trip" said a flight attendant.

I smiled at her and excited the plane. I went and grabbed my luggage and went to the Hertz desk to rent a car. After receiving the car I got in and plugged the address into the GPS. I turned on the radio and B.A.N.S by Sevyn Streeter started playing. The song perfectly described my feelings. I couldn't believe that Michael had gotten another woman pregnant. It felt like I was in a bad dream and any moment I was going to wake up. Since leaving my phone had been ringing non-stop with calls and text from Roxy, Micha, and Michael. The GPS alerted me
that I had reached my destination. I got out and had the bellboy grab her bags. I told him the condo I was going to and showed him my ID. I made it to the condo and knocked on the door. I knew I should have called first but I didn't have time. I heard moving around and the person finally answered the door.

"I had no where else to go" I said.

"Come on" Josh said.

Michael POV

I had called Li non-stop since she left the church. It was now around 1am and I still had not heard from her. I was worried sick about her and I just wanted to know she was okay. Micha and Roxy told me they still had not heard from her. When I walked into the house I saw a few of her things were missing. I never thought things would blow up like they did. I felt terrible that Aaliyah had to find out about the baby that way. I tried calling her again and it went straight to voicemail.

"Fuck!"

Aaliyah POV

Next Morning

I was up by Bennie licking my face.

"Good morning to you too Ben get down" I said.

I got out of bed and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I looked in the mirror and noticed I was wearing one of Michael's shirts. I looked like shit my eyes were red and puffy, my hair was a mess, and I looked exhausted. I felt exhausted. I turned off the light in the bathroom and walked out of the room. I saw Josh making breakfast and sat at the bar.

"Good Morning" he said.

"Morning" I said.

He sat a cup of coffee down in front of me and grabbed my hands and looked at me. I immediately burst into tears. He came around the bar and held me.

"Whats wrong with me?" I asked.

"You are just hurting right now I promise it will get better" He said.

"No, I mean what is wrong with me? I could't keep my husband and then Michael goes and makes a baby with another woman" I said.

"Nothing is wrong with you, Li you are perfect. One of the most beautiful women i've ever laid eyes on. You have a kind, giving, and loving heart. No matter what you try to see the good in everyone. I promise you this pain won't last long. You are strong and you will bounce back from this" he said.

"Thank you sorry for just showing up in the middle of the night. I just needed to get out of ATL and I didn't know where else to go" I said.

"You know you are always welcome here anytime. I have to go to practice so are you okay to stay here by yourself?" Josh asked

"Yeah I am good. You go don't stop your normal routine for me" I said.

"I will call you when I am on my way back and I will take you to dinner" Josh said.

"Okay have a good day" I said.

Josh got up and grab his practice bag. He went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. He came and kissed the top of my head then left. I plugged my phone up to his speaker and played Toni Braxton Just Be A Man About It. I grabbed my computer and started typing a letter. After I finished I decided to shower and go get some air. I grabbed Bennie's chain and left the condo. We walked around Josh's neighborhood.I texted Micha and Roxy to let them know I was okay and I would call them later.

Michael POV

I was going to call into work today, but I decided to go in instead of sitting in the house alone. When I got in I walked past everyone and immediately went to my office and sat down. I slid my hands down my face and open my bottom drawer. I pulled out a bottle of Advil and Hennessy.i popped two Advil and drank some of the liquor. I checked my phone and still had no messages from Li. I turned my computer on and decided to reply back to some emails. The first email I saw was from Li. I got excited that she finally was talking to me. To my dismay it wasn't and email informing she was okay but a resignation letter. I immediately got up and ran to her office and saw it was completely clean.
"How the fuck did she have time to leave!?" I said.
"She had me clean it out" Li assistant said.
"Where is she?" I replied.
"I'm sorry but I can't tell you that Mr.Carter" she said.
"Please I'm going crazy just tell me something" I said.
"All I can say is she's going to be a little cold" she said.
"Cold....?" I said.
I thought for a second what she meant by that and then it clicked she was in New York.
"Thank you so much!" I said.
"No problem, I don't know what you did but I know Aaliyah was happy with you so I believe you guys can work this out" she said.
I told my assistant to cancel all my meeting for the week. I am going to go get my girl.