Chapter Twenty-Two

Aaliyah POV

I was taking pictures when Ii felt a tap on my shoulder I turned around to face Carter. I had not seen or spoken to him in years so I was shocked to be standing face to face with him. 

"Hello Aaliyah" Carter said. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" 

"I came to talk to you" he said. 

"You got on a plane and a boat just to have a simple conversation with me?" 

"Well you were not returning any of my call so I figured I needed to be a bit more proactive" Carter said. 

"Yo you literally just crossed the line from annoying to creepy. How did you even know where I would be?" I said. 

"You know I have my ways I am a man of many resources" Carter said. 

"Okay I am over you and this conversation. We have nothing to talk about please leave me alone" I said. 

As I collected my belongings to go to the dinning room Carter grabbed my arm and held on kind of tight. 

"Listen you will not dismiss me we are done talking when I say we are" He said. 

I snatched my arm from his grasp and got close to his face. 

"If you ever put your hands on my again I will crack your skull. I am not the same little girl who you were married to you will not get away with the same things you once did. Now I said I am done talking and I mean that." 

I backed away and Carter just smiled and shook his head. Michael came up behind me and grabbed my hand. 

"Li are you okay?" Michael asked. 

"Yeah I am fine. I am sure you remeber Carter from when you saw him at the office but he was just leaving" I said. 

Carter simply looked at Michael and focused his attention back on me. 

"We will be seeing each other again Aaliyah" Carter said. 

I simply ignored him and walked away with Michael. 

"You didn't have to come up back there but I am glad you did" I said. 

"I just saw him grab you and I had to make sure you were cool" Michael said. 

"Listen Michael I never got a chance to address what you said at the hotel. I um I appreciate what you said. I did not know you had those strong feelings for me. I...can honestly say I feel the same way but I am nervous to let my guard down for you again" I said. 

"I understand your apprehension but just let me prove to you we can be good together" he said. 

"I don't know how you are going to prove that to me but I am willing to let you try"  I said. 

"That is all I need" Michael said. 

Michael POV

After dinner we all went to the bar and got some drinks. We laughed and talk until about 2am then we all went to our rooms. I walked Aaliyah to her door since she was a little bit drunk. 

"Are you coming in?" she asked. 

"No but I will see you in the morning. Are you okay to go in by yourself?" I asked

"No I need you to come help me get naked" she said. 

I laughed and shook my head. 

"Li go inside I will see you in the morning" I said. 

I made sure she got into her room safely then went across the hall into my room. I thought about my night with Li and the whole night she had been looking at me and smiling my way. I think what I said to her really helped our relationship and I look forward to be able to start over with her.