Chapter Four

Michael POV
It was Monday morning and I officially started my new job at Cut magazine today. When I woke up I turned over and memories from last night flooded my brain. The girl laying next to me had been at my house Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. I'm still trying to recuperate from everything we did this weekend. I woke her up and told her she needed to go. I called her a cab and saw her out. The house seem very quiet with Josh he went back to New York last night. We had fun this weekend hooping, watching the games, and going out. It was around 6am so I still had time for a work out. I got dressed in shorts and some running shoes and went to my gym to run on the treadmill. After running 4 miles I went out to the court to shoot around for a little bit. After my workout I went to my room and grabbed my phone and played Wale's The Album About Nothing. I got in the shower and then got dressed. I decided to stop at Burger King for breakfast. Once I got to the office I had my assistant call a meeting with all of the staff.

Aaliyah POV
I was running late this morning because I slept through my alarm. If it's one thing I hate it's being late for work. I rushed into my office building and ran into my office. I had an interview set up with Kendrick Lamar about his album that just released and I haven't prepared the questions yet. My assistant Jenny knocked on my door and came in.
"Good morning Ms.Smith the new boss has called a meeting and you are already a little late for it" Jenny said.
"Shit! Why the hell did he call a meeting without notifying everyone a day prior. I don't have time for this today" I said
"Yeah it was a little short notice but everyone is in conference room A" she said.
"Thank you Jenny" I said

I collected my iPad and phone and ran to the conference room. I sat in my usual seat by Roxy and set my stuff down. I took a few sips of her coffee then finally looked up at the man speaking. He had his back turned but I noticed his nice suit. It looked to be Tom Ford at least we know the man can dress. I turned on my iPad and started preparing my questions for the Kendrick interview. I then heard him say excuse me miss can you put that away I'm talking. I looked up ready to go off on this new nigga and was shocked to see Michael. He looked equally as shocked to see me but then he smirked.

"Well hello Ms.Aaliyah nice of you to join us. Next time I would prefer you to be on time to staff meetings" he said.
"Well first it's Ms.Smith to you and usually we are notified 24 hours in advance before a meeting. So I would prefer a memo next time" I replied.

He just looked at me and smiled and continued he speech. He went on and on about how we are a family and his door is always open for suggestions and just to talk. Once the meeting was finally over I was collecting my things to leave.

"Ms.Aaliyah can you hold on a second?" Michael said.
"It's Ms.Smith but what do you need Mr.Carter?"
"I wanted to talk to you about what you are wearing. Maybe try to dress more professional while at work" he said.
"Well since our magazine is part fashion and music I try to dress in the latest trends. The last boss didn't have a problem with the way I dressed but your input will be noted.

I gave him a sarcastic smile then walked out of the office. I can't believe him it was nothing wrong with what I had on. I wore a teal and black beaded Balmin shirt, black distressed skinny jeans, and teal Jimmy Choo pumps. Once I got back to my office I grabbed my Celine bag and headed to the hotel Kendrick was staying in.