Chapter Thirty Four

Start writing your story

Aaliyah POV 

5 Months Later 

The store was finally all together after five long months I had found designers to go into the store, it was completely decorated, and I had hired a staff. The last thing was for the sign to be put up which was happening today. I was waiting for Micha and Roxy because I didn't want them to miss the letters going up on the store. 

"Hey Li I just got off the phone with the caters they will be here tomorrow at 5pm with the food" My assistant Adam said. 

"Okay cool after the sign goes up we need to finalize the guest list" I said. 

"Okay boo. Oh guess what that fine ass owner from the sneaker store next door came by looking for you" Adam said. 

"I still haven't met him every time he comes by I am not here" I said. 

"Well he is fine with a capitol f. If he swung my way I would be on him light white on rice" he said. 

"You are so stupid. I feel like we need more merchandise on the floor for the grand opening" I said. 

"Nah I think we are good it looks full but not clustered in here. We want people to be able to socialize, drink, and shop" Adam said. 

"Yeah you are right I just want it to go perfect I can't believe tomorrow I am finally opening the store. It feels like yesterday I just bought it and hired you and Michelle" I said. 

"Yeah I know you have come a long way with the store from when I first started. I remember walking in here like this chick really think she can turn this into something she crazy, but I should have knew this shit was gone be laid because you was serving face and body in my interview so I knew your store had to match your fly" Adam said. 

"You are so damn silly, but you are right we had to put in serious work. I don't know what I would have done without you, Michelle, and my girls. Y'all were seriously my rocks through all this" I said.

"Awww don't make me cry I am gone mess up my mascara. Have you decided what you are wearing tomorrow for the party?" he asked. 

"Yeah but you already know I am not telling you. Just know I am gone slay as usual. I said. 

"everything a damn surprise with you I still can't believe you are not telling any one the name of your store." He said. 

"Well I wanted it to be special so it took me a long time to come up with and once I did I wanted it to be a secret. I know Micha and Roxy are going to love it"  I said. 

"I hate surprises, but I get to see it in a little bit so I am done being mad. Oooh girl here come the shoe owner! I am glad you look cute!" Adam said.

"I always look cute and I ain't tripping over nobody I am good being single" I said. 

The owner walked in and looked around until his eyes landed on me. I had to admit he was very attractive and in that moment I was also glad I decided to look cute today. I had on a black Valentino cape dress, candy red Christian Louboutins, and gold and black Cartier jewelry.

"You must be the owner? My name is Johnathan I own Laced right next door" he said. 

"Yeah I am. My name is Aaliyah" I said. 

"I just wanted to come check out your store and meet you since we will be neighbors" he said. 

"Well I am glad you stopped by I came into your spot a while ago and I really like it. I am not too into sneakers but a friend of mine tells me you have really nice stuff in there" I said.