eight: the truth and visits from old friends

Start from the beginning

"Everything okay, B?" Veronica checked.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking." She assured. "Um... Maybe Rebel Without a Cause?" She joked and we all giggled.

"Here you go, kids." Mom tells us as she places our food on the table.

"Thanks, Mom." Veronica thanks her and I smile.

"Be sure to put all that cash in the register." I heard Cheryl snap at my mom and I rushed over to snap at her. "You are a Lodge, after all, and Lodges are known to have sticky fingers."

"Cheryl..." I growl but my mom stops me.

"Honey, I got this." Mom points her finger up. "Cheryl, I went to school with your mother. She didn't know the difference between having money and having class, either." Mom sassed before walking off and I gave Cheryl a smirk and walked back to the table.

"Now, that's an odd combo of people." Kevin speaks up and we all turn to look at the door where Archie, his dad and Ms. Grundy stood.

"I'll be right back." Betty stood up.

"No, Betty." I tried to grab her.

"No. Don't..." Jughead also attempted but we watched helplessly as she walked over to the three of them.

"Fuck." I mumbled and turned to Jughead with wide eyes and turned when Archie look at us as he followed Betty outside.

"What's happening out there? Do we know? Is it about me?" Veronica asked as we watched the two friends.

"I have a strong inkling, and no." Jughead rolled his eyes at her. "Also, I'd let it go."

"Yes, but you're you, and I'm me. You do you, girl, I'll be back." Veronica smiled and left the booth.

"I'm going out there." I mumble after a few seconds and also pulled myself out of the booth.

"Violet, get back here." Jughead snaps as I walk off.

"Oh my god, you and you're music teacher are having an affair?" I heard Veronica gasp just as I walked outside.

"We are... ...together." Archie admits and I felt my heart break as I watched them from a distance. "Look, I know that sounds bad, but..."

"Bad? It sounds scandalous." Veronica laughs.

"It sounds like jail time to me. Illegal!" Betty practically yells.

"Betty, don't go there." Archie snaps.

"Oh, I'm already there." Betty warns him.

"Ronnie, a little help here?" Archie asked desperately.

I stand by the door of Pops as I watch the argument between the three of them. My eyes were wide and my hands were beginning to shaking from anger.

"Well, what is Grundy to you, anyway, your girlfriend? Your booty tutor?" Veronica pressed.

"I don't know, I don't know what to call her." Archie sighs and turns towards the diner, that's when he spots me. "Vi..." He freezes. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough." I glare. "You're still with her?" I asked with a sharpness in my voice.

"Violet knew too?" Betty gasped.