Chapter 5 - Gift of Foresight

Start from the beginning

"Impatient girl," Bardock murmured with amusement, as he grabbed a hold of her rounded bottom with his large hands. Tilting his hips back, he manoeuvered her sweet heat over his burgeoning length with a small of groan pleasure. She tightened her grip around his waist with her thighs and held onto his shoulders for support as she slid back and forth over his arousal. Bardock was getting dizzy with desire from the crazy rhythm her bouncing hips were setting.

"Thank Vegetasei, the day I bonded with you!" Bardock growled out. With a loud cry, Zukini climaxed and Bardock followed shortly after, falling into their unmade bed from the height of their ceiling. After a few minutes of catching their breath, Zukini hopped on top Bardock.

"Let's do that again," she requested with a devious smile as she softly traced the rigid scar on his left cheek with the tip of her finger. He had acquired it from the Tuffle-Saiyan war as a young soldier. Bardock laughed and with a small nod, he levitated their naked bodies back to the ceiling, ready to make love to his mate once more...

*END OF FLASHBACK*

When he returned from Planet Milk that was when she had told him that he would be a father again. Troubled, yet happy with the news he was determined to find a way to keep their children on Vegetasei. Maybe if he could get Freiza to consider him and teammates on the same level as his elite warriors, maybe they didn't have to give up their babies to the Planet Trade Organization. So, he encouraged his team to take on the hardest missions to get recognition from Freiza in time to save his children...but now that Zukini gone, it was all for nothing.

The memory of Zukini burned in his mind even though he was trying in his earnest to forget about her smile, her scent and her touch. In midst of watching the fires, Bardock could hear Toma, Borgos and Shugesh discussing the highlights from their Great Ape attack as they ate their lunch. Also, in the corner of his eye he could see Fasha's pink armour moving closer to him. He turned his gaze away from the fire as Fasha sat next him. Her amethyst eyes shone with concern for her captain and best friend's mate.

"Bardock…" Fasha said softly as she placed her hand over his. Bardock quickly snatched his hand away, not wanting any of her comfort.

"Leave me be!" Bardock retorted angrily as he stood up. "Just seeing the pain in your eyes just makes me remember the reality of her being gone all over again!"

"I didn't mean to make you remember, but…I needed you to know how sorry I am for your loss. I miss her so much too," Fasha rasped, her troubled purple gaze magnified with the tears held in her eyes. Of course she wouldn't let one tear fall in front of her comrades, but Bardock could see that it was quite the struggle for her. Bardock's anger softened, hearing the catch in her breath as she apologized. He remembered that he wasn't the only one who lost someone, she did too.

"Forgive me for my outburst," Bardock said, sitting back down.

"You don't need to apologize to me, Bardock. I know what you're going through is far worse than what I'm going through," Fasha said.

"She was your best friend too." Bardock stated with a grim smile.

"But she was your mate, therefore your loss is greater. I can't even begin to understand the turmoil that you're experiencing from your broken bond." Fasha replied. Bardock stiffly nodded and he turned his gaze back to the fire. It was the only source of warmth, now that the light and the love in his life had been stubbed out.

"You should head back to Vegetasei after lunch and spend some time with your sons before they're transported to other planets." Fasha urged gently. "I'm certain Zuki would have liked that."

"What? And allow you and the rest of the team to finish the clean-up of this planet by yourselves? I'm still on duty and you know that I can't." Bardock responded. "I even welcome the distraction that this will provide me."