Chapter 60

{June 2037}

Mark, Marilou, and Chelsea moved back from California. They also didn't live that far from Harrison and Carrie.

The two couples as well as Ben and Chelsea took a trip to the beach. Harrison's dad had a boat that they took out for a short fishing trip before heading over to the beach. The water was just perfect for swimming. It was 83 degrees and there was no wind to create big waves.

Harrison sat on the roof of the boat with Carrie while the kids jumped in. Ben and Chelsea had taken a liking to each other once she moved back. It would be interesting to see if the two of them developed a relationship.

Carrie leaned against her husband's shoulder. It was a bit uncomfortable due to the radar dome placed right in the middle of the roof between the two of them. But Harrison's body made it better for her. His back rested against the rod holders while it was turned just enough that Carrie could rest her head comfortably.

Once she got annoyed at having to stretch over the radar dome to rest her head against him, Carrie moved around it and slid onto his lap. Instinctively, his arms wrapped around her as she leaned back into his embrace.

Not too long after, their embrace and the sun didn't agree. Carrie felt her body heating up and had no doubt Harrison was hot because a lot of her body pressed against him. When she went to move off him, he stopped her.

"You're fine."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded, kissing her cheek gently. "I love you."

Carrie turned around to kiss him. "I love you too."

She then turned around to watch Ben and Chelsea playing catch on the beach with a football before closing her eyes.

An hour later, she woke feeling Harrison's strong hands on her sides, sliding her off his body. Now awake, Carrie crawled back to where she'd been sitting before crawling into his lap.

He stood up and jumped off the top of the boat, down a 10 foot drop, and into the water. Hearing the splash sent Carrie crawling over to where he'd been sitting. She looked over the side to see him swimming towards the back of the boat. When he saw her peek over, he immediately stopped.

"Care to join me?"

She shook her head no. "Why not?"

"I'm not jumping in."

Harrison swam back over. "And why's that?"

She looked down at the drop off. "It's too far."

"Oh come on Carrie," she heard. Carrie looked over to see Mark and Marilou encouraging her on.

"Come on sweetheart." But she simply shook her head no.

There was a railing that wrapped around the front of the boat. He grabbed the edge of the boat before working his hands up the vertical part of the railing. Harrison pulled his body out of the water. He then grabbed the horizontal rail and slid himself onto the boat.

Carrie watched amazed as he stood up and joined her back on the roof. He'd just pulled himself 5 feet out of the water using just his arms. "I'll jump in with you."

"Alright muscles. But you jump first."

Harrison didn't just jump. He did a 360 in mid air before pencil diving into the water. "See?" He asked after popping his head up. "It's not that bad."

Carrie wasn't so sure about that statement when she studied the drop again. "I don't know about this."

"You can do it," he encouraged from below her. "Come on I'll catch you."

"How are you going to do that?"

A grin broke out across his face. "You'll see. Just jump."

Carrie took a deep breath and jumped off the boat. She could see him laugh at her scream as she fell towards the water. The drop was a lot longer than she expected so it shocked her when she hit the water. But Harrison wasn't lying when he said he would catch her. As soon as she went underwater, she felt his strong arms wrap around her and pull her back up to the surface.

"How was that?" He asked, flipping her braid over her shoulder.

"Can we do it again?"

He laughed. "Harrison!"

As she went to playfully push him, he grabbed her wrist and wrapped an arm around her waist as he clamped his lips on hers. "Let's do it again."

Instead of swimming around the boat to the swim ladder and climbing around to get on the roof again, Harrison simply let Carrie stand on his shoulders and pull herself under the railing. Then he pulled himself up only using his arms, just as he'd done before.

"How do you do that?" She asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know."

Harrison led her back on the roof. The truth was that he was just so strong. He still had the build of a football player. Although it had been years since he played, he still looked like a linebacker.

Carrie laced her fingers with his as they stood on the top of the roof. "Ready?"

He nodded and counted down from three. Then together they jumped into the water. Seeing their parents jumping in, Ben and Chelsea swam out to join them. A little bit later all of them were having a trick contest except Marilou who was the judge.

Carrie teased her friend after doing a flip. "Come on, you should try it."

"I'm good."

"Make Mark jump with you."

On cue, Mark came up behind her and led Marilou onto the roof where they jumped in together.

After the trick contest, which Harrison won, he and Carrie collapsed on the Millennium Falcon inflatable raft. They both lay on their backs with their feet in the water.

"Harrison this feels so good," she whispered, feeling the cool water again her skin.

"It does doesn't it?"

Carrie nodded, rolling over to lay on him. Her sudden movement tipped the Falcon to the side and the two of them were in the water.

"Nice."

She laughed, seeing him holding what was left in the beer can he'd been drinking. He tossed it to Mark on the boat before climbing back on the raft.

Carrie followed but was flipped under him as they tipped to the side again. She pushed the raft off her head and crossed her arms while looking at her smiling husband. "Nice Harrison."