Chapter 2

"Oh you asshole," Carrie muttered slamming on the brakes. "There's nobody behind me!"

She pulled into the other lane, flying by the asshole and cutting him off. He honked and she returned with flipping him off.

"Whoa Carrie."

Carrie rolled her eyes. "He couldn't of waited five seconds for me to go by when there was NOBODY behind me!?"

"People are idiots around here."

"This is the one reason I'm nervous for when the kids start driving. I don't want some idiot to do something stupid and hurt them."

"I know Carrie."

With Debbie taking the kids to the park, Carrie left her car at home for her mother to drive since it had all the car seats and toys. That forced her and Harrison to drive the truck into the city of Dallas.

"Are we almost there?"

"I think."

"You think? Don't you know?"

"When I looked the place up it wasn't that far."

She put a hand on her forehead. "Are we even on the right road?"

"I think so."

"Oh Harrison. You're supposed to be my copilot."

He smiled, and pulled down the sun visor. Carrie didn't, since she had on a hat and his Oakley's. "You look badass."

With the white Nike hat, white tank top and black capris leggings she looked badass driving his truck. And his blue Oakley's added to the outfit.

"You don't look too bad yourself."

Harrison sat in the passenger seat wearing a blue Cowboys hat turned backwards, a blue shirt, and black shorts. "I think it's a right up here."

"Are you sure?"

"No."

Carrie turned right anyway, and he turned out to be way wrong. "Okay maybe it's not this way."

"Well no shit."

They made their way back to the main road and continued straight. He made her move her arm to dig in the center console for another pair of Oakley's. "I think these look sweeter," he said, putting them on.

"I'm not sure about that," she teased. But Carrie preferred the white frame and blue lenses over the black frame and yellow lenses.

"Seriously how much further?"

"I'm not sure."

"Are you sure about anything?"

He gave her one of those lopsided grins she couldn't help but smile at. "I'm sure about a few things. Like you, the kids."

Harrison used the red light as an opportunity to lean across the center console and kiss her. "Harrison-" he deepened the kiss until the light turned green and the car behind them honked.

"You..."

"What sweetheart?"

"Nothing."

"Come on."

She smiled. "Just tell me where to go."