Chapter 16

It was early the next morning. Adam woke up early as usual and passed by his parents bedroom on the way downstairs. He stopped right in his tracks when he heard the noise. The unforgettable noise that came from his parents bedroom early in the morning or very late at night.

Adam made a face. There was the noise again. It sounded so unpleasant to him. But after the noise came the sound of his parents voices.

"Carrie," Harrison whispered. His voice trailed off and all Adam could hear was the sound of his parents kissing.

They're so disgusting, he thought to himself. Don't they ever get tired of it?

Breaking the silence was the sound of his mother's giggling. "Carr-" she cut him off with a kiss.

Adam moved closer to the door until his ear brushed against it. "Why did we wait so long to do this?" Harrison asked. "Because sweetheart, you are so amazing."

They kissed again. "Well, if we would've known it felt so good, we would've started doing it a lot earlier."

Doing what? Adam asked himself. He was about to open the door, but held back. There was a long silence. Maybe they fell asleep? But their voices picked up again.

"Keep going Harrison. You know I like that."

It wasn't much longer before he heard the moaning noise again. "You definitely like that sweetheart."

To Adam, all of this was downright weird. There were weird noises coming from his parents bedroom, and they were also saying things he couldn't quite comprehend.

Backing away quietly, he went down the hallway and opened Emma's door. "Adam!"

"Shh! Mom and dad are up to something again."

That got her attention. "Like what?"

"Remember what we walked into last time? It's that again."

Emma got out of bed. "When are they going to tell us?"

"Not soon. So we'll have to figure it out for ourselves. Come on, let's go."

Adam led the way back to his parents room, walking very slowly with his back pressed against the wall. Once they got to the door, he held a finger to his lips before slowly crossing in front of the door.

They were still going at it. "See?" He whispered to Emma who nodded.

The hair on the back of Adam's neck stood up as Carrie said, "maybe we should get up."

He exchanged a nervous glance with his sister. Oh no!

But luckily their dad saved them. "Nah. The kids are fine. And the only thing I'm focused on is you my love."

They presumed kissing. Across the hall, Emma made a face and looked at the door oddly. Then the moaning started again. It was loud enough to cover Adam's footsteps over to his sister.

"I really want to know what they're doing."

"Me too. But what should we do?"

Adam tiptoed back to his room with Emma at his heels. He grabbed a few pillows from his bed and handed them to her before grabbing a few for himself. "What are you doing?"

"Making a fort," he whispered back, slowly walking back down the hallway.

He laid the pillows down gently in front of his parents door. Emma handed him the pillows she had and Adam stacked them on top of the others. "Grab me a blanket."

Emma ran back to her room, bringing back a blanket which they draped over the pillows.
Then Adam knelt behind the wall of pillows. "What do we do now?" Emma asked, sitting next to her big brother.