Chapter 14

Carrie found Harrison in their bedroom watching Star Wars when she got home. "Again?"

"You can't ever get tired of Star Wars."

Changing clothes, Carrie saw he was watching his favorite and her favorite, Return of the Jedi. "Care to join me for movie night?"

"Actually I think you might want to see this Harry," she told him, going out into the hallway.

Harrison raised an eyebrow when she came back in the bedroom with what looked like a picture frame. But it was covered with a sheet. "Take a guess."

He had no idea. It could be anything. "I don't know Carrie."

"Come on just guess."

"Did you find a nice frame or something today?"

Carrie playfully rolled her eyes. "Think harder."

"I have no idea. It could be a million different things."

She rested her arms on the supposed frame. "Take a look at your shirt."

Harrison did as told, looking down at his grey t-shirt with the words Star Wars written across it. "Is it something Star Wars?"

"Now you're on the right track," she said with a smile before pulling the sheet off the object.

He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it. "Is this real?" He wondered, rolling out of bed fairly quickly.

"One hundred percent real."

It was an original Return of the Jedi poster. But it didn't say Return of the Jedi, it said Revenge of the Jedi, the original title before George Lucas decided it was too dark of a title. It pictured Darth Vader against a red background. And on Vader's right was a pictured image of Luke and Vader fighting. At the very bottom of the poster, it read, 'coming May 25, 1983 to your galaxy.' In the corner were the iconic logos of Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox.

"Carrie where the hell did you get this!?"

She simply answered, "take a closer look at the left side."

Harrison thought he was going to pass out when he saw the signature of the creator himself, George Lucas on the left side of the poster, next to Vader's head.

"Carrie you are the best!"

"I know."

He stood there, examining every detail of the poster. "How did you get this because sweetheart it's amazing!?"

Carrie ignored his question. "Hold this."

Harrison held it standing up as she came back in the room, carrying what looked like two more frames with a sheet covering them both. She leaned each against her thigh and pulled the sheets off, revealing the original Star Wars poster, and an original Empire Strikes Back poster. Both were signed by George Lucas as well.

He looked like a little kid, holding his hands up to cover his mouth. "How? Just how?"

"I have my ways."

"These are amazing. We're going to have to figure out a spot to hang them."

"For sure. Maybe downstairs in the living room."

Leaning the three posters against the wall, Harrison picked her up and spun her before pressing a kiss to her lips. "I can't believe you right now Carrie."

She laughed. "I won a bidding war for these."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I've been looking for something like this for a year now and I found those and couldn't pass them up. And I know how much you love Star Wars."

That statement was true. Harrison knew pretty much everything there was to know about Star Wars and could answer any question about it. Carrie now knew a lot about it after watching the movies so many times and listing to him talk about it.

She could tell anyone what his favorite movie was, which was Return of the Jedi, his favorite character: Han Solo, his favorite part: the Battle of Endor.

He laid next to her on their bed. Carrie rested her head on his chest, and he put an arm around her as the picked up on Return of the Jedi. "I love you Carrie. And thanks so much."

Carrie was now tracing her fingers along the lines of his tattoo, over his shirt. "I love you too. You're welcome. I knew you'd love them."

And May the 4th be with you.

Some kid at my school today was walking through the hallway blaring the Imperial March from his speaker. It was great😂

Since today is May the 4th, which Star Wars movie is your favorite? Mine is Return of the Jedi. Then probably The Empire Strikes Back. Let me know!