Feeling

Elliot had thought his date with Olivia went well, but seeing how things were going he assumed something was wrong. He hadn't properly spoken to her in a week and she had only responded simply to his texts. She continued to blow him off saying that she was to busy or she just didn't have the time. He decided he was going to make some time for them and figure out why she was avoiding him. He walked into the 16th precinct during late noon caring her favorite Chinese food. He saw that she was in her office busy typing on her laptop, so he decided to let himself in. When she looked up she seemed surprised and then she smiled, but not a smile that reached her eyes.

''Hey. What are you doing here?"

"Well we haven't seen each other in a week and I thought I'd bring you lunch."

"It hasn't been a week."

"Oh, it has been a week. Trust me, but we don't want the food to get cold."

"Oh, you're going to eat with me?"

"Well yea, unless that is a problem."

"No. Of course not." They ate in relative silence except for the occasional small talk.

"How are the kids?"

"They are good. Maureen just meet a guy that she is very fond of. Katie is getting her degree in two weeks, the twins are doing exceptional in college and I'm going to see Eli this weekend."

"That's great El."

"How's Noah?"

"He is thriving and he likes school so far."

"Hey Liv?"

"Yea?"

"Is everything alright?"

"Yea. Why wouldn't it be?"

"I don't know, you just seem distant."

"I'm not doing it on purpose. Its just this case, it's very time consuming and I don't have much free time right now."

"I understand, but Liv you wont even answer my phone calls and you barely respond  to my texts."

"Well I'm sorry that I am to tired to have a conversation with you after a 14 hour shift Elliot. I thought you of all people would understand the amount of time it requires to do this job."

"I do understand Olivia and I didn't want to come here and have a fight with you. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was scaring you off from us."

"I'm just really busy Elliot." Elliot got up from his chair and took Olivia's hand in his own, pulling her up with him. They looked at each other and then he leaned in and kissed her. The kiss was soft and slow and sweet. They broke apart and looked at one another for awhile.

"Go out with me?"

"What?"

"Let me take you out again?"

"Well, I guess."

"Yea, Tomorrow night. I'll pick you up from here."

"Okay, where are you taking me?"

"You'll find out when we get there."

"El."

"Liv."

"Tell  me."

"Somewhere you've never been before." With that Elliot kissed Olivia goodbye and left her wondering where he was going to take her. Well at least she was able to hide the truth from him.

A/N: Sorry for the late update exams are taking up all of my attention. What the heck is Olivia really hiding? Find out in the next chapter.