THE TALK II

Olivia didn't get much sleep that night all she could think about was what it would have felt like if Elliot had actually kissed her. She wondered if his lips were as soft as they look and what it would feel like to rub her hands all over his body. It wasn't the first time Olivia had thought about Elliot like that and she always told herself that it didn't mean anything, but she knew that it did, The next day at work went smoothly, the case had been taken to court and everything was looking good. Later that day while Olivia was doing some paper work her phone started to ring.

"Elliot."

"Liv."

"So?"

"I was just wondering if you were coming over to talk today."

"Sure, what time were you thinking."

"Oh I don't know, maybe six?"

"That will work, I will see you then."

"Okay see you." After their conversation Olivia worked in her office until five thirty and then she made her way to Elliot's. When she got to his apartment door she knocked gently.

"Come in its open." Olivia entered the apartment to find Elliot in the kitchen standing by the oven.

"What are you doing?"

"Making us some dinner."

"I didn't know you could cook."

"Well there is a lot you have yet to learn about me in these past five years." Oivia put her coat and purse down on the couch, then moved into the kitchen to e what Elliot was making.

"What is it?"

"Lasagna."

"Well it smells great."

"Yea, how was your day?""

"It was uneventful, you know just some paperwork and arraignments."

"Sounds fun I guess."

"Not really, but it gets justice for the survivor so."

"Yea, well the food is done.  You can go get comfortable in the living room."

"Alright." Olivia went and sat down on the couch, while Elliot fixed their food. After a couple minutes he came in with the plates and two beers. Olivia tasted a piece of the lasagna and to her surprise it was really good.

"This is good."

"Thanks. I took a culinary class a while back."

"You took a culinary class, was being retired that boring?"

"No I just saw a ad for it and I did it."

"Interesting, so what do you do in your spare time now?"

"Well believe it or not I'm working part time  with the feds. Simple things really and some undercover operations."

"Elliot Stabler a cook who is a fed, wow people really do change."

"Yea, I guess they do."

"How are the kids?"

"Well Maureen is a fashion consultant, Kathleen is working on becoming a therapist, Lizzie and Dickie are still in college, working hard. Eli is still playing with monster trucks. Everyone is good and they come and see me when thy can."

"Wow, they are all grown up."

"Yes they are all grown up." They sat and ate making small talk. When they were finished Elliot took the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Olivia put the empty beers in the trash and went to sit back on the couch. Elliot came back over and sat on the other side of the couch.

"It is getting late I should head out."

"Okay." Elliot got up and followed behind liv while she collected her things. when they got to the door Olivia turned around to face Elliot and he was barely inches away from her. They stared at each other before Elliot leaned in and pressed his lips against Olivia's. Just like she had imagined, they were soft and it felt good. Olivia kissed hi, back and they deepened the kiss. Elliot pressed Olivia up against the door and they only ended the kiss to catch some air. Elliot didn't move and Olivia didn't move either, they stood there staring at each other.

"El..."

"Yea?"

"I can't... we shouldn't do this."

"Why?" She thought for a moment, maybe because she was in a relationship or maybe she was afraid of doing this with him, her ex-partner, and her bestfriend.

"I'm seeing someone."

"I thought you said it was just a blind date." Elliot backed away giving Olivia some space.

"It wasn't jus a blind date."

"So you lied, why?"

"I don't have to explain why I didn't tell you who I was with and why I didn't tell you."

"Why are you deflecting liv."

"I'm not."

"Why are you lying?" She wanted to just leave the apartment and forget about it.

"I'm not lying, I just don't want to explain myself."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Liv." He was getting annoyed and it showed in his tone.

"I... I'm seeing Tucker." She sad barely above a whisper.

"Tucker? Ed Tucker as in IAB?

"Yes, what's the big deal."

"The big deal is he is an asshole and he tried to arrest you and me. He came after us countless times Liv. He is Ed Tucker from IAB."

"He isn't like that anymore and he is good to me, to Noah."

"Wow you are sleeping with Tucker liv, I never knew you were that desperate to have a man." Pain was evident on Olivia's face and then it was anger. He immediately regretted saying it as soon as it came out of his mouth.

"Liv..."

"Screw you Elliot." Olivia opened the apartment door and slammed it shut as she left. She couldn't believe Elliot had just said those words to her. She drove to her apartment and put Noah down for bed,  and she went straight to bed.