Epilogue

I was laying on my back as I watched the day go by. I'm pretty sure I've been here for at least 6 hours, but this is exactly where I belong.

Amongst the dead.

There was no blood anywhere. There were no humans to taunt me. I was in my rightful place.

I was in a graveyard.

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't shake off the feeling that I shouldn't be alive right now. I was a walking dead person. It was unnatural.

These past two months, Paris has been by my side almost every minute. Together, we've traveled across the globe. But now, I had returned home, where I could see Aaron and my mother. Where I could go to school like a normal kid, and have normal teenage problems. Even my dad had said hello a few days ago.

As much as I believed I should be dead right now, I also believed that if I wasn't alive, how would my mom feel? She's already lost Dean, and she just got me back. What kind of daughter would I be if I left her? Aaron too. If I had died, I would have never seen Aaron again. I wasn't quite sure I could handle that.

The smell of blood wasn't as tempting anymore. It was still there, and Paris said it would always be there, but it is duller now. It's now something I could live with.

Even though my thoughts were elsewhere, I still heard the pumping of a beating heart come towards me. I sat up and stared at Dean's grave, not even taking my eyes off it for a second.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the figure.

"I came to see you."

Aaron sat down beside me and wrapped a grey blanket over my shoulders. I rested my head on his shoulder and allowed a tear to drip down my face. This wasn't supposed to happen.

"It wasn't supposed to end like this." I whispered.

"But it did. You shouldn't dwell on the past. You know you can't change it."

"I know. I'm being stupid, aren't I?"

"Of course not. You're being Jane."

I laughed, "I thought we got over that."

Aaron smiled, "But you will always be my Jane."

I gave Aaron a gentle hug and let the tears run freely as the sun set over the rows of gravestones. He was right. I will always be Jane Robertson. And there ain't nothing I can do about it.

South California Academy?

Eat your heart out.