Chapter 31 - Prom (1)

"You look really pretty, Jane." Paris assured.

"I don't know. I mean, it fits, but-"

"You look amazing." Paris repeated.

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. Paris had done my hair, which looked pretty good, and she had also lent me a pair of silver 4 inch stilletoes, which I had no idea how to walk in.

"The other one was pretty too, but I like the one you have on better." Paris said, referring to the dress I had bought for myself with her and Bianca. I had given the short black gown to my mother to keep, in exchange for no pictures.

"Fine. I'll meet you in the lounge." I told her. Paris gave me one last look before disappearing down the hall.

As soon as I was sure she was gone, I ripped off the 4 inch death traps and shoved my feet into my black high tops. There was NO way I was wearing heels.

"Okay, here we go." I told myself as I began walking out the door.

Status:

Mood: Terrified. Of both the vampires and the lovesick teens.

Looks: A little too perfect.

Plans: Survive

Destination: The gym.

Once the status thing was out of the way, I exhaled quickly and opened the door to the lounge. I looked around, completely confused.

Where was Paris?

***

Aaron:

The music that was playing was WAY too loud for my taste.

I sighed as I sipped at my punch and watched as the entire student population of SCA jumped around on the dance floor. I myself was leaning against the wall with all of the other students that really didn't enjoy dancing. The only difference between me and them was the fact that I was a prom crasher. A sophomore at senior prom, yet they still let me in.

"Hey, Mandler. Have you seen Dean?" I heard Bianca Marley ask as she approached me.

"No I can't say I have, Marley." I told her without turning my eyes away from the gym entrance.

"Jane's not here either. Paris too. But Chad is." she said, noticing my stare.

"If I see him, I'll tell him you're looking for him." I said so she would stop talking to me.

"Thanks!"

 I sighed. Gotta keep the girl happy.

My eyes drifted over the crowd before returning to the door. I watched as the door slowly opened and my jaw dropped.

Standing at the doorway was a girl with long brown hair that was perfectly curled. Her dress was made of red silk that reached the floor, hiding her shoes. It fit her body snugly, showing off her perfect curves. Somehow, I knew who she was.

I felt as if I was being pulled towards her like gravity. My eyes remained on her and her eyes finally met mine.

Suddenly, a slow song began playing. Everyone found their partners and started dancing.

"Hey, Jane. No date?" I asked incredulously.

"Paris was supposed to be my 'date' but I can't find her." she said sheepishly.

I smiled and took her hand, leading her away from the door. She smiled and placed her hand on my shoulders and we began slowly swaying to the beat of the song.