Forgetful

I rub the tiredness from my eyes and stretch out in a bed that doesn't belong to me.

My ears start to ring, and my head throbs.

I only have my bra and underwear on, and I'm scared, and wondering why I'm almost naked in a strangers bed.

I get up and find my clothes on the floor as I gather them and start to put them on.

The door opens and in walks Niall.

He's only wearing boxers and a shirt.

"Well good morning sunshine." He scoffs and walks over to the dresser.

The tattoos flow over his arms, neck, and chest. They get along perfectly with his skin. The way they all speak to you with a different story. And the way they're all different but come together as one. It always fascinated me.

"Wanna stare a little longer sweet cheeks?" He says snapping me from my thoughts.

"Uh-um-I'm sorry." I say putting on my shoes.

I look out of the window and my car isn't in sight.

"So my cars not here. Are you taking me home? I need to sleep, my head is killing me." I say looking Niall's way.

"What else are you gonna do? Walk? I'm not very fond of you because of earlier last night, but due to your apology after, I found enough kindness in the little bit of heart I have to take you home." He slips a shirt over his shoulder while talking. It's a black Rolling Stones shirt with the sleeves cut.

"My apology?" I say confused.

"I don't remember me apologizing." I continue.

"Do you even remember anything? Wouldn't be surprised if you didn't. You were a sloppy mess last night. Reminded me of the typical slags in this town." His attitude gets to me a little.

"Shouldn't have accepted it then. And shouldn't have let me crash with you. If I was a 'sloppy slag'" I say using air quotes.

"You basically threw yourself at me. I wasn't going to turn you down. And I didn't let you crash here. You just did." He grabs his keys and walks out of the door as I follow him.

"If you're gonna be a bell end ill just walk." I say raising my voice slightly as we reach the car.

"Just get in the fucking car. Save your breath. I don't feel like listening to your lectures or speeches."

I'm shocked at how he's talking to me. And how he's acting but my head hurts too much to argue and I refuse to kiss his arse.

The car ride is silent.

We reach my driveway and the car comes to a stop.

I start to get out of the car but Niall grabs my arm and puts his hand on the back of my neck, kissing me.

"Iloveyou." He says. I respond the same, looking confused.

"I'll see you round'." He says closing my door.

______________________

*last night*

NIALL'S POV:

I run over to the door and open it catching up to Courtney and taking her back into the room.

"We need to talk." I say as we both stand in the middle of the room.

"About what?" She appears sobered up but I know she's not.

"I didn't come home today because I slept at Kendall's. She texted me to come over. And I don't know why but I did. And we slept together." In her face I could see confusion, and her heart being broken into thousands of pieces.

"I love you Courtney. I don't know why I did it-"

I'm interrupted by her chuckling as tears run down her cheeks and drop from her chin to her feet.

"I know why. Because for some reason you think I'll keep chasing you. Because you think I won't care. Since I've met you you've embarrassed me. You make me look stupid. You slept with your ex; you left me at dawn in MY CAR to sleep with a slag?" She laughs even harder now but the tears stop.

"Do you know how pathetic I feel; how pathetic I LOOK?" She continues.

"You sure know how to destroy a human being. How to kill someone in every way, but the literal sense. Fuck you. Save the apologies and the excuses. You did it. What's done is done. And along with that, so are we. Whatever you call 'this' is over. You don't love me. It's clear. So no point in trying anymore." She runs her hands through her hair and scoffs looking at me.

She grabs her phone out of her number and dials someone.

After a few moments there's a voice on the other end of the phone.

"Congrats slut, he's yours now." She growls slightly. Hanging up the phone and dropping it into the floor.

She drops down to her knees and covers her face. She doesn't say anything for a moment. Then she bursts into tears.

Up In Smokeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें