Chapter 10: Spending The Night At Kite's

Start from the beginning

"What happened to you? Was it something bad?" Asked the other boy.

"Yes." Violet said. "But it's embarrassing! I can't."

"Just say it and we won't speak of it again."

Violet shrugged. "Fine. I'm going to die right now...when I tell you this," She sighed. "When I was getting my mask." She closed her eyes. "My whole dress got caught in the branches and ripped. Now I don't have anything to wear." She turned red, as she was done of telling her humiliating story.

"Wait. You mean you're in your--"

"I'm in my undergarments." Violet blushed.

"It's okay. You can use my coat," the blonde-haired boy took off his large coat and put it on top of the bush. "We'll go somewhere else, as you change." He then gestured for Ray to follow him, to go to a different direction.

Violet had already changed into the large coat. She sat down on the grass, getting shade from a tree. It was late and she had fallen asleep. The other boy saw her and picked her up. "It looks like someone needs their beauty sleep." He went upstairs in his home and placed her on top of a bed. "Sweet dreams." He grinned at her, before he left the room.

Unknown to him, after he left, Ray sneaked into the room. He saw that Violet was peacefully sleeping like an angel. He took out a white rose out of his jacket and placed it in her hands. "Good night, Violet." After, stating those words, he left the room.

~~~~~

Violet rolled on her side on the bed, her mask fell off and she woke up when she moved her hands and felt something fall loose from them. She opened up her eyes and saw a white rose on the floor. She picked it up and smelled it. "I wonder? Who could of given me this?" She then placed the flower on top of a dresser.

"Wait? Where am I? This doesn't look like my home?" She was processing what she remembered last night. "How did I get here? I do know that I'm in someone's house for sure." She walked downstairs and went into the kitchen. She saw a little boy, who was sitting at a table, eating cereal.

He then saw her. "Who are you and why are you wearing my brother's coat?"

"My name is Violet. And it's a story that I would rather not tell. I think it's best for you to not know, kid." Her eyes widened. "Wait..Your brother?"

"Yeah." The small boy had short blue hair. He scooped up a spoon of cereal and put it in his mouth. He chewed and swallowed it. "You're in our house. How come you're still here?"

"Still here? I don't know. I remembered I was at a party, yesterday."

"We had a party at our house yesterday, that my big brother hosted. You must of fell asleep."

"Oh. You're probably right because I do remember that I was sleepy and that I closed my eyes."

"That's probably why you're still here."

"Who's your brother? And what's your name--"

"I see you've met my little brother, Hart." Violet Flowers turned around, upon hearing someone behind her. "His name is Hart? Wait..Are you the one who brought me here?"

"Yes, I brought you upstairs because you fell asleep yesterday." Kite Tenjo said.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Kite."

"Well.. Kite. I need new clothes because I'm just wearing this," Violet put her hands out to herself. "Coat."

"That can be arranged."

~~~~~

"So..." Violet walked around. "Your name is..Kite?"

"Yes, I've told you already, earlier."

"I just want to be sure, that's all." Violet couldn't get Kite's name off of her mind. "Your name it sounds familiar?" She thought about it carefully and began to remember why. "Weren't you at Rio's birthday?"

"Yeah I was there. I remember you."

"Sorry, I didn't remember you because I don't remember faces that well with people I don't really know. I only remembered your name because Yuma told me about you."

"It's okay. You can't really expect for someone to know everything about you."

"You're right."

~~~~~

"Big brother." Hart tugged Kite's sleeve. Kite and Violet stopped walking when they saw that he wanted something.

"Yes, Hart?" Kite asked, sounding kind.

"Can I?" Hart pointed to a stall, showing a vendor selling a certain sweet that he wanted. "Have some caramel?"

"Caramel? Sure you can." Kite patted his brother's head. "You just wait here with Violet, while I go get it. Okay?"

"Okay."

Minutes later, Kite came back with a small bag, containing the sweet treat, caramel. "Here you go." He gave it to his younger brother. "Thanks, Kite. You're the best."

"Do you want anything, Violet?" Kite asked the brown-haired girl. "It's my treat."

Violet wanted some cotton candy and he brought one for her. "Here you go."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

~~~~~~

"I've never been on a Ferris Wheel because I'm scared of heights. But..I have to admit," Violet looked at the clear window. "The view is amazing."

Some hours passed and Kite was sitting next to Violet on a wooden bench, they were both watching the sunset and were eating ice cream on top of ice cream cones. Hart was sitting in between them and he fell asleep, since his head had layed down on Kite's shoulder. "Awww. Hart fell asleep next to you, Kite."

Kite looked over his shoulder, seeing his little brother was asleep already. "You're right. It's time that I go home and put him to bed since it's his bed time now."

Violet got off of the bench and looked at him. "I think it's time for me to go home too."

"Do you want to do this some other time?" Kite asked her before she was going to go.

"Sure." Violet grinned. "See you next time. Goodbye Kite."

"Bye Violet."

_____
If you don't know, the anonymous boy at the masquerade ball that first danced with Violet & dueled Ray, was..... Kite😉😁