seven: awkward mornings and a serious talk

Start from the beginning

"We get the day off for the Taste of Riverdale." He reminds me as he gets out of bed to get dressed. "Everyone helps to set up for tonight."

"Could you have thrown them any further." I glared at Archie as I finally find all my clothes.

After finally finding my bra by the door, my panties on by the window, pants on the desk and finally my top on the end of the bed. I rushed to get dressed and shoved my boots on, my moms going to kill me. Then suddenly it dawned on me what happened this morning.

"Oh my god." I gasped. "You're dad saw my boobs." I cringed.

"Can we please stop talking about that. I don't really want to imagine my dad seeing me or you naked." Archie mumbled and threw his football jacket on. "See you later?" He smirked in front of him as his mind wondered away but it feel once he saw the face I was giving him. "What?"

"Never smirk about me, right after your dad saw my boobs." I glare.

"Got it."

"I'll call you later." I told him and ran over to grab my phone and give him a final kiss.

I forgot about Archie's dad as I ran down the stairs and tried to run out the front door. A hard chest stopped me from moving anymore and when I looked up I found Mr. Andrews giving me an awkward look.

"I'm really sorry Mr. Andrews, have a nice day." I cringed before petting Vegas' head and leaving the house. "Hope you liked seeing my boobs." I whispered to myself as I ran home.

<><><><><>

"Violet, Arabella, Lodge where have you been?" My mom snapped when I finally made it through the door.

"I'm so sorry mom, I went to this music thing with a few friends of mine and then stayed at one of their houses." I lied, knowing she knew Archie's dad and I really didn't want them to have a talk.

"What friends?" She asked again.

"You know the Pussycats? They're performing tonight and they told me yesterday I could go to their rehearsal. I guess we lost track of time and Val offered to let me stay at hers." Let's just say I've had a lot of practice when it comes to lying to my mom.

"They're not like the girls back in New York, are they?" Mom asks casually but I knew it was more then that.

"Those girls were my friends mom. I know they weren't the best crowd but they took me in whenever you kicked me out." I snapped at her.

"Don't forget that they got you arrested so many times, I actually lost count. They also dumped you when your father went to prison." Mum reminds me as she begins to yell.

"No they didn't." I deny.

"Where are they, Violet? Huh, where are they?" Mom yells and looks around the room. "I can't do this with you anymore Violet. You cut off your beautiful, brown hair and those bloody tattoos." She whispered as she slowly calmed down.

By now the tears were rushing down my cheeks at the sight of my broken mother. She's been through so much over the past few months. Sure I lost a dad that wasn't there for me but my mom lost her husband, the man she loves. Instead of helping her through as this, I've hide myself from my true feelings.

"Mommy, I didn't mean to disappoint you." I sobbed.

" I sobbed