31. Love me

Gajeel's P.O.V.

He did what Levy had proposed to him before she went away. Lily and he went to the guild and settled down at the bar. This night, many members had come to the guild, just eating and drinking, mainly male people due to the girls going out. He passed Natsu, Grey and Happy on his way to Lily. These people hadn't talked to him during the time he had been an official member of this guild. But since Levy had come into his life, she had forced him to interact with them more. This evening, a simple nod had to be enough conversation.

While a lot of people were drinking, one was just standing in the corner, talking to Freed while glancing at him. Laxus just watched, didn't interact with Gajeel any further. He wasn't out for trouble today.
Just like countless times before, they just sat and talked, though this had been Lily's part most of the time.

It maybe didn't look like he was content with this situation, listening to the stories of his cat, but he had always enjoyed these peaceful moments inside the guild.

Besides Juvia, there hadn't been many people keeping up with him, but Lily had always approached him until he had tolerated his company, later accepted him as a friend, the best he had ever had.

"Relax a bit."

He looked at his partner, giving him an icy glare and grunted.

"Have I ever?", he asked and smirked, mirroring how Lily looked at him.

"Not really", his partner replied and took another sip from his juice. After that, he placed the glass further away and faced the half-dragon again.

"We need to talk about something Gajeel. It won't take much longer and you'll tell her about the incident, being her mate, that you love her and so on." Gajeel just nodded. Lily had always known what he felt and lately, he had been acting more protective, more possessive towards her. He needed to tell her soon, so he wouldn't walk around as tense as he did now. Kissing her would ease his pain of not having her with him. Not only kissing but touching, licking ... loving her.
With a flick on his nose, Lily brought him back into reality.

"There'll come the time you two want to be on your own and-"

"You want to leave us?"

"No. But I don't want to be a burden after you two mate, get kids, you know, what couples usually do." There was no way Gajeel would let his partner go.

"There's nothing suggesting me she'd even consider being my partner. Besides, even if she would and we'd have all these stuff, we still need you. You'll stay, no compromise about that. Levy wouldn't want you to leave either."

"Fine." Gajeel looked to his side and saw the small smile on his partner's face. He wouldn't leave him hanging. Besides, he'd surely love to hang out with his brats and be at his house every day, living there or not. The first option was the preferable one, obviously.

He had felt his presence coming closer before. Lily had talked quietly, so no one would listen to their conversation. Honestly, it didn't matter if someone knew about his feelings for Levy, besides Laxus. Her brother needed to stay in his place, just like Gajeel did.
Since he had entered the guild hall and talked with Lily, Laxus had drunk some more, obviously enough to make him start another fight with him.

"Why Gramps allows you to stay in the guild is a mystery to me", he declared despicable, his voice behind Gajeel, but he didn't turn around to reply. He wouldn't reply at all. After all, he was her brother and Levy loved him. Gajeel wouldn't ruin their non-existent relationship any further.

Although he didn't turn around to say something, Lily did. This was for the best, his partner had always been the calmer and more collected than himself.