10. Rainy days

AUTHOR'S NOTE, IMPORTANT!
This chapter is published too early because I don't want anyone who follows the manga to give up hope. I already cried for a few hours, but nothing is certain yet and there is no need to feel completely down. We are talking about Gajeel ... he will come back.

BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!
For all of you who haven't seen it yet and like this story, I just started another one on my page, called "The good side of betrayal". So check it out if you want to!
_______________

Levy's P.O.V.

It had been over a week since she spent her life with her saviors. Their day was most of the time the same. First breakfast made by Gajeel, then training and maybe jumping into the lake under the waterfall. After that, they told each other stories or just watched TV. Levy still slept in Gajeel's bed and Gajeel was still always gone when she woke up the next morning. She learned a lot about Lily's life and a lot about the habits these two had, but Gajeel resisted on talking about his past, so she didn't ask him anymore. Most of the time he was quiet and serious, nearly not showing any emotions, but sometimes he was so nice and gently she couldn't believe it was the same man.

Her training got better every day, Gajeel still wasn't happy with it. He wanted her to be perfect, to dodge every single one of his and Lily's attacks, but she wasn't able to stand against one of these two, especially not when they attacked her at the same time. While Lily saw how hard she tried, Gajeel just wanted more. After a few days had passed, she wasn't able to stand anymore. The bruises had disappeared but she still wasn't used to training four to six hours a day. Gajeel just didn't want to accept that, but when she finally told him how she felt, a smile had appeared on his lips.

"I knew ya're feisty shrimp". After that respond, he took care of her even more.

She loved living with these two, though she couldn't imagine how they got along without her standing between them. They had so different characters and they also fought a lot of little, unimportant things, she saw how much they meant for each other.

When she woke up in the morning on her 8th day with them, Gajeel was again not on the opposite side of the big bed. Rubbing her eyes and try to focus in the darkness, she heard rushing water from the outside and the inside of the bathroom. Looking outside, the dark sky scared her a bit. The clouds covered the whole blue sky, leaving no sunshine through. They were so dark; she could tell the rain would fall a few hours. The big raindrops had already created little puddled in the dirt. Crawling out of the bed, she moved slowly towards the window. A sigh left her lips when she saw the sky being as dark as it was over their heads also in the far distance. That storm would last a few hours. The moon or sun wasn't able to be seen, the clouds didn't tell her how late it was, but the clock on the nightstand did. 3 a.m.

"You're okay shrimp?"

She regretted turning around when her look met his. Behind her stood Gajeel, wearing exactly what he wore on the first day. Only a loose, white towel wrapped around his waist to cover his intimate parts. His upper body has fully exposed to her again. Waterdrops fell down from his hair to the ground and she had to focus on his face only, not letting her look wander over his body.

"I am fine Gajeel ... why are you showering in the middle of the night?", she asked and tried to ignore the hint of concern in his eyes. Hopefully, he didn't saw her shivering, but how he looked at her, it seemed he noticed it.

"Couldn't sleep. Go back to bed, and tell me if somethin's wrong", he replied before going back to the bathroom.

Suddenly, she shrieked and ran back to the bed, wrapping the blanket secure around her shaking body. Never ever would she be able to stay quiet when lightning hit the ground and thunder let the earthquake.