17. New Friends

Over 1,1 thousand views ... you guys are making me the happiest woman alive, thanks to everyone!
It means a lot to me!

___________________

Levy's P.O.V.

"And he brought you into his house, without knowing anything about you?", Kinana asked her while they walked past the lovely houses in the village. Since they went off, going into some direction deeper into the village, they couldn't stop asking her questions about how she had met him, what he was like and different other things. They even asked her how he acted around her, especially when they were alone ... Levy didn't want to think about it. At least not now. While Juvia tried to get as far away from her during their walk through the city, in order not to talk to her (that's what Levy thought), the others just didn't want to give her and Gajeel some privacy.

She snapped out of her thoughts when Kinana asked again. Levy nodded, now questioning his friendly behaviour herself. But the answer to the question made Kinana happy, her eyes began to shine.

"That was so nice of him, I would have never expected such kindness from a man like him", she said, probably dreaming of her saviour, how she liked to call Gajeel. Before Levy could ask what she meant with 'a man like him', Erza spoke.

"He must see something in you, Levy. You really didn't know him before? Or you didn't do anything to gain his trust?", the red haired woman asked her and Levy tried to hide her blush with her blue curls. Whatever these women were thinking, they were definitely wrong. Gajeel would never like someone like her ... at least not in the way they referred to.

"I only knew Lily, but I thought he was just a normal cat when I met him ... Lily told me he tried to convince Gajeel to meet me, but he never accepted. Our first encounter was when the village people chased after me and he saved me.
I don't know him for a long time but though he is angry and silent most of the time, he always cared about me. Why are you talking about him like he isn't capable of being gentle and doing something nice for other people?", she finally asked the others, curious how Gajeel is like to them. She would have guessed the same, why would he act different towards her, there was no reason to do so.

The others all looked to the left side after she asked her question. Juvia walked next to Cana, keeping herself out of the conversation until now. The others made her definitely uncomfortable, she kept looking at her feet while walking slowly along with them. There was obviously some connection between her and Gajeel. Though Levy tried not to think about their connection, feeling somehow sad, she kept glaring at her like the others.

"Please stop staring at Juvia like that", the woman whispered and Wendy sighed.

"He didn't tell you about his past, did he?", she asked and Levy shrugged, wondering what his past had been. Wondering if she was right with the Black Steel theory. All of them kept staring at Juvia and the beautiful woman sighed and began to tell her story, still not daring to look up at her friends. Especially not at Levy.

"Juvia and Gajeel were members in a dark guild. Juvia did some bad things and Gajeel was even more ... brutal. He even hurt the guild once, destroying it and beating some of our family members. Levy may know him as 'Black Steel Gajeel'.
But he wasn't always like that! His father left and he found his way back to being good, the same applies to Juvia. We changed our lives and became members of Fairy Tail. Please don't be afraid of him now, he would hate Juvia for telling you that!", the blue haired woman begged her scared and Levy smiled.

"Don't worry Juvia, everything is fine. I kind of expected something like that.
Let's go shopping girls, I don't have many clothes left!", she said happily, changing the subject on something more interesting.