27. The first mission

Levy's P.O.V.

Nearly 2 months later, a few things have changed. She was still living with Gajeel and Lily and it seemed like they wouldn't let her leave anytime in the future. The idea of moving out was destroyed by both of them within a few seconds when she asked them once during dinner. Both of them told her to stop talking. For Lily and her, the conversation was over. But in the night, when she went to bed with Gajeel, the half-dragon asked her once again if she was fine with the living situation they were in, especially sharing a bed. She hadn't had a hard time convincing him that she was fine. Levy just hugged him, told him she loved being in this house with the both of them and stayed like that until she fell asleep.

Another problem disappeared unexpectedly soon after it had appeared. Freed came to their home to apologize. She listened to him with Gajeel and Lily in the same room, standing behind the chair she sat on like two bodyguards. They wouldn't move an inch, though she had asked them to leave before. Freed didn't mind and apologized to all of them. First, about trying to help Laxus, second about trying to make a move on her. After their talk, she wanted to accept his apology and go on with their training sessions, but before she could do that, Freed had asked Gajeel to talk to him privately in a separate room. They've been there maybe ten to fifteen minutes before coming out and nodding to each other while she accepted his offer to teach her like he did before their fight happily.

Regarding her brother Laxus ... nothing had changed since their big fight. She wasn't angry, just disappointed. Every time they met (and Laxus appeared every time she was in the guild hall as if somebody tracked her movements) he tried to talk to her. She was always nice and polite, but still being reserved and answering his question as fast as possible. When she saw his pained expression, she wanted to forgive him, but then he looked at Gajeel and his expression turned sour and angry. Gajeel was her partner and Laxus needed to accept that. Before this miracle takes place, she won't accept him as her close brother.

Her life was, besides the complicated situation with her brother, pretty awesome. She had friends, a new family, even a job. Well, kind of a job, because Gajeel wouldn't let her go on any missions. That particular morning, when she walked out of the hall after looking unsuccessfully for an easy mission to take on, someone called her.

„Levy, stop!" She did exactly that and turned around, waiting for a running panting Natsu to reach her.

„Hi Natsu, what's wrong? Do you need help or ...?"

He scratched the back of his neck and shook his head. Suddenly, faster than she was able to react, he had grabbed her hand and ran into the opposite direction, dragging her with him.

"I need to show you something, Luce is already waiting for us!", he explained, letting go of her hand and starting running again. Levy had a hard time to keep up with the fire half dragon. He seemed to be floating over the ground, she wasn't able to see his feet touch the ground once. After running through the town, they finally reached Lucy's apartment. While Levy walked to the front door and raised her hand to knock, Natsu had already disappeared. She knocked on the door and after a few seconds, Natsu opened the door, a big, wide grin on his face.

Lucy already waited for them inside.

(time skip)

Her half dragon entered the apartment a few minutes later.

"What's that about? I thought you wanted to come back home after going to the library." Levy turned around and smiled excited, shoving the piece of paper in her hands into his.

"They need me for their next mission Gajeel! I'll finally be able to pay you something back!" Gajeel's eyes turned cold, but Levy's excitement didn't fade because of his silly reaction.