3. What is he?

Hey guys, I decided on publishing one update each week, just to let you know ;)
_____________________________________________________________

She had never been so scared in her life. Not only was the whole town chasing her, but also there was still the man behind her, pressing her against him, one of his hand over her mouth so she couldn't say anything. Well, and even if she could have said something, screaming for help would have been the worst idea. Nobody would come to get her out of that situation and Jet's voice telling her to wake up to be punctual for work wouldn't wake her up from the nightmare. Simply because it wasn't another nightmare, but the plain, sore reality.

Why did that all happen to her?

The loud and harsh voices that were shouting after her, were so well known she just wanted to cry. Calling her a slut, screaming they would treat her nice if she came out and hearing the laughter of the other citizens, she couldn't understand how Jet and Droy have ever been her best friend. Once she even though of telling them about herself. Just telling them everything about her, her past, her magic ... even her loneliness. Good thing that thought had disappeared pretty fast.

Their voices were too loud and let a cold shiver ran down her spine. Her followers were not close, they were too close. While she shivered in the arms of the mysterious man behind her, he was completely calm. She could only breath heavily and was so happy about his hand over her lips, otherwise her gasp would have been able for everybody to hear. Levy could still run, try to get away from everything. The man behind her, her so called friends, her memories. Just from everything. But one single fact let all kind of thoughts disappear. The mysterious man had not even rescued her in that moment. The other hand that laid around her waist still held her tight. And softly caressed her back. His fingers moved slowly up and down, stroking her. Even if that was just a little gesture, nothing important, it was everything that kept her calm in this moment. Levy tried her best to take deep breaths and get a clear mind again.

"Can you find her?". "No, maybe she ran to the left? Let's see if she's there, she can't be far away".
Consenting mumbling was able to hear and Levy wanted to sigh that they finally left. But then she realized, they hid on the left side and they were heading in the direction of their big tree, their hideout. Before she could freak out again, the man behind her released her body from his tight embrace and took her hand. There was one single moment she could finally have a look at him. And what she saw left her breathless.

The first thing she noticed was his height. He was big, very big, maybe taller by two or even three heads. He just wore short, loose black trousers, no shirt, so she had a great view of his body. This man had definitely a lot of time to train. His muscular body was just ... gorgeous, there was no other way to describe him. Scars were all over his body, some of them covered from his long, black mane. She looked up at him and her gaze met his. Crimson eyes stared at her and she was totally bound to his look.

But the most important thing was, what she had felt on her back when he hid her from the others wasn't a coat or another clothing piece. Wings had pressed her against him. Big, iron wings that were coming out of his back. Along with his iron skin and his little horns, she immediately knew what he was.

A half dragon.

The dragon stopped her from thinking more about him when he started running, dragging her behind him. He was fast, really fast and she had to use all her concentration and power she still had in her to catch up with him. The dragon seemed to know his way through the forest, ran once to the left, once to the right, then chose a completely different direction.
Her followers were behind them, they couldn't see him between the trees and bushes where no light could break through. He wandered in the shadows and dragged her behind him. She could hear the shouts and the rustling leaves during their hunt. Her savior was one with the shadows, moved really slow between the trees and left nearly no marks behind. The complete difference to the citizens, who where waking up at least everything living for miles around.

Suddenly he stopped in his run and she bumped into him, was about to fall if he hadn't caught her. She looked back up at him, just seeing him staring to the right. Following his gaze, she stiffened when she saw where they were. Oh gosh, could her day be worse?
They were standing in front of the cliff, the bottom was't even visible. The edge was really near and she tried to look down, only to see a long, long way through the air and a lot of trees down on the ground, at least one or two hundred meters away. This fall would kill them, both of them. Well, at least her.

She turned around, realizing that she had clung onto his arm all the time. Without hesitation, she let go of him and turned around, just to see no other way to get away from the people who wanted to kill her.

"What are you going to do, here is nothing!" She looked at him in surprise when he revealed his sharp teeth. First, she thought he wanted to scare her, but then she realized he just grinned at her. His hand reached out for hers. She hesitated to take it.

"Just trust me Shrimp". His hand still reached out for hers and she finally took it. Immediately, he pulled her again against his body and laid one arm under her butt, one around her waist. She shrieked when he raised her so she could wrap her legs around his hip.

He laughed at her sight, her face was as red as a tomato.

"Remove your hand you stupid dragon!", she ordered, but he didn't even listen to her. He just held her tighter and leaned down, closer to her face. She wanted to cry and hit him until he would let her go, especially stop touching her butt. But his face was so close and his bright, red eyes were so hypnotizing. She had to depend on him, at least until she was finally in safety.
His lips formed into another grin and he came so close that her noses touched. Suddenly, his facial features tensed and he was completely serious again. Maybe it was because of one shout Levy could here not far away from them.

"I can see them, they are at the cliff! Come on guys, now we can get them!"

Her fear came back and she began to shiver a bit, trying to look over the dragon's shoulder to see how far they were away from them. but the dragon in front of her didn't allow her to be inattentive. His crimson eyes caught her look again.

"Listen Shrimp, ya have to hold me tight, okay?
And if ya throw up I will let you go", he added and now his grin was on his lips back again. Before she could ask him what he meant with that, he just jumped.
Well, he didn't jump. He just slumped over the cliff.
As quickly as possible, she wrapped her arms around his neck and tightened her grip of her legs around his waist. She didn't listen to the shouts of the citizens, had no time to do that, because she was way too busy with screaming. It took her a while to notice that they weren't falling anymore. The dragon's grip around her was tight and she dared to open her eyes and look up at him.

His wings were spread wide and she could have even enjoyed that flight if there hadn't been so many thoughts in her head. Not thinking about being in danger anymore, she could just close her eyes again and put her face against his neck. She couldn't look down, her fear of heights deterred her from looking down. Somehow, she withstood their little flight when they finally landed. The dragon let her go and she stood on the ground, nearly falling down because of her shaking legs.

When she looked up at him, he was right on the move.

"Hey, where are you going? I-I have questions you know!
HEY!". He didn't stop walking, just turned around and shrugged his shoulders.

"Ya can ask me later Shrimp, all ya have to do now is follow me. I'm Gajeel".

He didn't wait for her respond, just turned around again. He wanted her to follow? But ... She had questions and she couldn't wait for him to be ready for them. Maybe he still wanted to hurt her? Or something else? But why would he have rescued her when he wanted to harm her? He could still be a killer or ....

"Do I have to carry ya Shrimp or are ya just that slow?" He lowered his speed and looked really annoyed at her. She finally moved, not thinking anymore. He didn't leave her there, he wanted to take care of her. At least she hoped so. Deciding to trust him, Levy ran up to him and suddenly realized something.

"I'M NOT A SHRIMP GAJEEL!"
He didn't look back at her, but she could still see his bright grin.

"Gihihi".

___________________________________________________________
If you liked it, leave me a comment down below