Chapter 18

"You are the house owner, is it?"

"I'm his son. I came by since I took an off from work. My father is inside. Please wait here, I'll call him."

She nodded. They came to the building the man received the letters from. It was a small building, with about five floors and a room in each. Nothing fancy.

A blind man around his 60s came out.

"We need the keys to the room in the second floor." She said, informing him that she's from the police.
The man handed her the keys. "These are keys to all the houses."
He said in a weak voice, then going back inside.
Eh, old men.

Azalea and Clyde walked towards the stairs, but were stopped by the son's voice. "You are here about the serial murder case right?" Azalea faced him in surprise. She really was taken aback.

"The house you should be searching isn't the one on the second floor, but the one above it."

"Elaborate." Clyde demanded.

" Like I said, I took a month off from work and came to stay with my father for a while. While I was staying here, I noticed that the man who lived in the third floor sometimes went out at around 10:30 in the night and came back at sometime. Whenever he went out, the next day the news would be filled about a murder."

Azalea looked at him. "You shouldn't really be making baseless assumptions. Especially when it comes to solving a case. We need proof. Solid evidence."

"I know! I know I have no proof. But the night he goes out the next day someone is dead! Only on the days he goes out! Do you know how I felt to be living in the same building as him!?"

"That does make him a suspect hun, but don't just accuse someone of murder so carelessly. Thank you for the useful information though."

Both of them turned back around to climb up the stairs.

"I saw him put the letters under the doormat!"

Azalea scoffed as she looked at him dead in the eye. "You're lying."

He sighed. "Okay..okay...I didn't see him put them there...but I saw someone take them from there." He admitted.

"Where is this person now? The one you're accusing."

"Oh Jonathan? He moved out. He left after he payed this month's rent."

" I see. Thank you...?"

"Grayson."

"Thank you, Grayson."

"Please do whatever it takes to find the murderer."

------------------------------------------------

"Did you find anything Carson?" He asked the hacker.

"Ah yes. I did a search on everyone who lives in that building. No one seems like a suspect except for the ones lives in the second and third floor.
The person who lives in the second floor, Isabella Munoz, was once involved in a hit and run incident. She's also on the run from loan sharks. She was also a suspect for the murder of 13 year old Alissa back in 2008.
Coming to the person who lives in the third floor...you said his name was Jonathan Boidrat right...he died three years ago."

"An alias." Clyde breathed out.

"If he's using an alias there's definetely a reason to suspect him. The house owners son, what was his name? Gray?" Azalea asked.

"Grayson. He knows how this guy with the alias looks like. We'll have to contact him."

---------------------------------------------------------

Azalea and Clyde walked into the station, hoping to find the corrupt police.
He turned around with a sheet in his hands and stopped abruptly, shocked as the two assassins entered his view.
"Wh-what are you doing here?!" He whisper shouted.
"You weren't lifting your cell darlin', so I thought why not surprise you?"
"Are you insane?"
Azalea chuckled. "I've been called that a several few times."

"If anyone sees you both here and figures out you're not really police you and I both will be doomed."

"Oh no, only you would be. Who do you take me for? I can pleasantly walk out of that situation."

He just shook his head in annoyance and urged the both of them to a safer place in the station.
"How's the investigation going on so far?" He asked them.

"We found a suspect. We met someone who knows what he looks like. But right now we have no idea of his whereabouts. Even his name was an alias."

The prosecutor hissed in frustration. "What am I going to pay you both for?! Either of you are getting nowhere! I thought you were the best of the best!"

"Do you want us to stop then? We can back out any moment."

He just rapidly shook his head.

"What's that?" Clyde suddenly asked.

"What? Oh this? Just a missing case of a CEO."

Azalea snatched the paper from from his hands and stared at it. "Isn't this that guy we met yesterday? That gray dude....the son of the house owner who told us about the suspect..."
Clyde nodded. "Grayson. Yes it's him."
"Or maybe it's just a dramatic twist where he has a twin who went missing and is actually the murderer."
Clyde gave her an annoyed look.
Oh. Okay. He wasn't really in the mood to joke around.

"When did he go missing, officer?"

"The company stated that he suddenly went missing during work right before an important meeting. Now that it's been 24 hours we had to accept the case. He's an adult he must've gone somewhere...why make such a big deal out of it? Since he's a CEO, we have to take this case. Unfortunately."

"Can we have a look around where he was last seen?"

"My team doesn't even have a warrant to this case! Absolutely not!" He spat.

Azalea sighed. " I guess we can finally stop being imposter police and do it the assassin way."

Clyde couldn't help but agree.