Chapter 5

It's been a week since they started heading to 'The Praesidio'. 

"They're here. Faster than we thought." Zach whispered, peeking through the blinds. Jenna sighed and started taking the free shampoos and soaps. He got up and helped her push things into their bag."We have to hurry."

That was until they heard a knock. They both froze and looked at each other. "How do they know which room we're in?" She whispered. "They must've bribed that front office lady. I knew she was good for nothing." He hissed in annoyance. 

"Just what on earth are we to do now?" 

"What do they normally do in movies? That stuff actually works." He rushed to the window sill and pushed it open.

"Zach are you insane??!!" She whisper shouted. 

He put one leg onto the window ready to jump and held out a hand to her. "Jenna, do you trust me?"

"Is this some sick remake of Alladin?!"

"Luckily there's this little projection we can walk on, if we can make it to the far left, we can get down using the water pipe."

"Do you actually believe that's possible?"

He shrugged "If there's a will there's a way, that's how I survived till now."

Despite Jenna's denial, both of them ended slowly getting down that damn water pipe. 

"You're surprisingly good at this." He grunted, having to go through great difficulty himself.

"I probably worked hard during P.E."

"Unlike me" he whispered to himself. He always had to regret that, didn't he?

---------------------------------------------

"How much longer did Azalea ask us to push em around?"

"Two more days."

"Why don't we take a break today, eh? Waddya say?"

"And risk getting caught by Azalea? Straight up no."

He just sighed and nodded. He wished she would take over already. Just what did she have in mind? What was she planning this time? What did she have in store for that poor fellas who were running around?

--------------------------------------------------

They walked into the ocean park, mesmerised by the glowing blue tint of the water. All the different sea creatures swimming over their heads in the huge aquariums they were surrounded by. They had to blend in with people, and this seemed the best way. 

They sat on the bench, admiring the creatures up close. "Ignoring the fact that I'm being chased by one of the most powerful asassin group, this is actually pretty fun." She admitted.

He nodded. "You're not that bad to hang around with."
"A compliment from Zach? That's new." She slowly leaned into his shoulder and let out a deep sigh. "T-that was cliche....And sudden." He cleared his throat hoping his face wasn't burning like how it felt. She laughed softly and got up. And he just had to realize how wonderful her laugh sounded then.

They walked out, hand in hand, like a normal couple on a normal date. How he wished it was. How he wished he met her sooner, met her in a different way, and never went out to buy cupped noodles that night. Then again, luck had a grudge against him didn't it? It was stupid of him to wish for something like that.

"I'm glad we met" he whispered. "Me too.'

With that, they were on the run again. They got onto a subway. Then used a taxi. Blended with the the people for a while. Rested at a camp. Started running again. Ate at random places. Used the bus. 

Then finally, FINALLY, they reached it. It was in a far isolated area, just as expected. Huge metal walls surrounding the building. 

"So this is it? We're here?" He breathed out in disbelief. She just nodded.  "We can stay together now, we don't have to run any more, we're safe Jenna, aren't we?" He laughed to himself, closing his eyes, enjoying the feeling.

His little moment of relief and hope disappeared as soon as it came, when he say them .

How did they get here? What was going on??!!

They caught Zachary by the arms and placed a gun on his head. Jenna just stood there, not moving an inch. "Jenna run! Get out of here! Run!" He screamed, straining his voice.

"Miss, should we take him inside?" She just nodded at them. She then turned to Zach. 

Then she smiled. She smiled. No, not the sweet one he loved to watch. It looked different. Oh so very different. She leaned down to his level. "It was fun meeting you Zach."

"J-jenna what are you doing? What's happening? TELL ME WHATS GOING ON DAMNIT!!!" 

"Oh dear, you sure do have quite the temper. Since you're dying anyway, I'll tell you. You see, you were giving us a hard time catching you. You were always in the public. If we assassinated you, some annoying detectives would try to find out the reason for your murder which might lead them to us. Too risky. So I just brought you to our home myself."

"Jenna..."

"It's Azalea hun."

"Azalea, I thought we had something between us..."

She laughed. The laugh which he once thought was so beautiful, sounded insane to him right now.

"I needed you to. What was that quote again? Love makes you dumb? Or was it love makes you blind? Something along the lines of that. Either way I needed you to trust me till the end."

"You're​ disgusting. Why are you even doing this?"

She chuckled and have a sweet smile. "Why?" She leaned closer to his ear. "Because it's fun." A shiver went down his spine.

Tears slipped down. Not only because he was tricked. But because he fell for such a sick and twisted women.

"I can't believe I trusted someone like you."

"Trust doesn't exist in this world anymore darlin'"

" You are such a great actress! I couldn't see through your cunning lie!" He spat.

"People can lie with words, but not with their eyes. However, I can lie with my eyes too. That's probably why you couldn't see through my 'lie'. Then again, isn't our whole life a lie?"

He was ashamed he fell for her.

"Sweet dreams pretty boy." She whispered, and a black bag covered his face, and he was dragged away. The last time he saw light. 

Carson and Karl sat in front of the cctv monitors. 

"That was one of the shittiest movies I've ever watched."

"'Movie? This is reality, face it' Azalea would say in this situation."

"Boss....That was too cruel... You could've stopped her." " As long as the job's done I don't care how Carson. Let her have her fun." 

"Mission accomplished."

Was this how an assassin was supposed to be? Did they have to be this heartless?? He didn't want to be an assassin at this rate.