Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater

Start from the beginning

"I changed my mind. I'll just drive around city."

My jaw almost dropped in disbelief upon hearing her words. She made me waste a lot of time all for nothing?! Jesus fucking christ!

"Have a safe trip then, Miss Cabello." And let me sleep, I'm begging you.

"Get some rest."

I smiled timidly at Camila before walking back to the garage. Finally! I can now sleep in peace without—

"Pumpkin, whoah, hold on! Get back in here for a sec."

"Let me sleep. Let me sleep. Let me sleep." I keep mumbling underneath my breath as I approach her.

"Clean my car. It looks so dirty."

I lowkey raised my eyebrow while looking at her clean and shinning car. "I can't see any dirt in your car."

Camila pointed at the small dust in the hood of her car and continue telling me how dirty it is for her. Argument aside, I ended up cleaning her car for 3 hours straight since Camila kept telling me to repeat my work because it's quote unquote "floppy" even though her car is literally shinning bright like a diamond.

"Never mind, I'll go back to sleep instead." And with that, Camila walk back in the house.

I glance at my watch and it's already 5:40 am. 20 more minutes before I start my day and I'd rather take that short time to take a quick nap than nothing. And just like what I'm expecting my state would be, I start my morning enduring headache and fighting off the sleepiness. I feel like a liquid moving. Like my soul is not attached to my body. I know my hands are moving but I can't feel them. It's like I'm numb or something.

By 9:00 am, Camila came downstairs. The coffee and her usual breakfast are already set on the table. As soon as our eyes met, I flash a smile at her.

"Good morning, Miss."

But then Camila completely ignore me like I'm just a thin air. I watch her go straight to the kitchen stool.

"Morning, Miss Cabello!" It was Alfred going downstairs and headed straight towards our direction. And when our shoulders levelled, he smiled at me. "Morning, Lauren."

"Good morning, Alfred."

I'm about to walk away to continue cleaning the whole house when Camila suddenly speak.

"Morning, Alfred." Camila take a sip of her coffee and added, "I didn't know you make a good morning coffee."

I saw how Alfred grin while I bite the inside of my cheeks to prevent myself from smiling in front of Camila. Whatever she have to say towards the coffee that I made then I want to hear it and smiling right now will only interrupt Camila from spilling the tea I'm dying to hear.

"Is it good?" Alfred asked and the brown eyed brunette take another sip.

"Super! If you continue making this kind of coffee then I'll always be in a good mood."

She liked it. And I couldn't be more happier right at this very moment.

"Are you serious, Miss Cabello? No kidding?"