epilogue ✔️

Edited |

e p i l o g u e

9 years later. . .

Ava

I smile looking at the little girl playing outside in the sprinklers before placing a soaking wet plate into the drainer right next to the sink.

I jump slightly when arms snake themselves around my waist and lips are pressed to my cheek.

"Goodmorning," I hear West's raspy voice, chime.

I turn around in his arms and smile up at him before pecking his lips quickly. "I let her play in the sprinklers," I inform him.

He chuckles before looking out of the window my back is facing. "She's wearing her Minnie Mouse shirt Phelix and Kayla bought her. Make sure she doesn't drag mud into the house," he stresses.

I chuckle. "I should be the parent concerned about that, not you. Go get ready for work. I love you."

He smiles down at me. "I love you too," he says before pecking my lips and exiting the kitchen.

Suddenly the double doors that lead to the backyard open and Melanie walks in.

"Hey mama! How is baby Jonas?" She giggles before walking towards my swollen belly.

"He's doing fine, but I would hurry and run to the bathroom if I were you. We don't need dad having a fit because you tracked mud all over the house," I scold her.

Her eyes widen before she quickly kisses my cheek and stomach. Running away, I quickly get the mop out and chuckle to myself.

Shaking my head, I smile. "Kids."

* N O T E :

Melanie, Ava's daughter as shown in this chapter, is the main character to book 2. So it would make sense if you would read this epilogue before beginning to read Book 2.

Thank you for reading!

Amount of views when last chapter was written: 5.28k reads.