|21| farewell ✔

Edited | ✔

chapter twenty - one

f a r e w e l l

West

"You sound like a girl." Cornelious gags through the phone causing me to do a very dramatic eye roll.

"You don't know how I feel─"

"Oh, now you definitely sound like a girl." He bursts out into manic laughter causing me to sigh.

I've been feeling horrible since I left Ava to come back to the motel room. I had no choice but to though. I had to make it seem as though I didn't need Ava because I don't know what Chance is after. I don't want him harming her though it seems that I left her with him without a blink of an eye. I can't imagine how she's feeling at the moment: betrayed, hurt, angry. The list could go on and on. . .

Ava

"Another one!" I shout giddily after swallowing the stinging liquid. The drink seems to be giving me a euphoric feeling that I can never get enough of. All I know is that I want more.

"Another one it is." Chance smiles lazily before handing me another shot glass.

Downing it in one gulp with my head tilted back, I smile with my eyes shut.

"So," Chance begins causing my eyes to lock with his very blurry ones. "Who are you to West exactly? It seems as if he could care less about you though he saved you at the bar a couple of weeks ago. I'm getting mixed signals here."

The fun immediately ends after the question is asked and reality feels like a slap to the face. Standing up abruptly from the bar stool, I grip the cool surface of the counter to stop myself from swaying before scowling at Chance.

"Is that why you offered me some drinks? Did you think you could get me drunk and get some answers? Because newsflash, I'm not as naive as you may think I am," I snap before stomping into the living area and plopping down on one of the black, leather couches.

Chance sighs loudly before I hear his loud footsteps near my drunken figure. Soon enough, he's standing before me with a determined look in his eyes.

"I don't want to hurt you, Ava. I don't want to hurt West either. I feel like I've caused him enough pain just by not being there for him his whole life. I have no intention of inflicting anymore pain and hurt on him. It was an innocent question that I shouldn't have been so nosy to ask. I just want to know what I've missed and what his interests are, who he hangs out with, if he's found love. . ." his voice breaks near the end and I suddenly find him plopping down on the couch beside me with a distraught look on his face.

"Why did you leave?" I question faintly causing him to frown painfully.

He sighs deeply before beginning. "His mother felt like he didn't need to know me and that he'd be better off without me. So before he was born, I left. I was in love with his mother and I would do anything for her and if that is what she wanted, I was going to fulfill just that. I didn't know what he looked like until the night at the bar. I drugged you to draw him out. You knew him which was great and I knew he was at that specific bar. I didn't know if drugging you was going to draw him out for sure, but it worked and I finally got to see and talk to my son for the first time."

I smile at his kind words. Sure, he drugged me and almost killed me, but he got to talk to West. It seems like Chance wants to get to know West now that nothing and no one is holding him back or telling him not to.

"What do you need his help with?" I question suddenly, yesterday's conversation replaying over in my head.

Chance chuckles and shakes his head. "It's not a big deal─"

"But I want to know." I cut in quite determined.

He frowns for a couple of seconds, just observing me. "Well," he begins, "If I'm being honest, I want our gang's to join forces and I want him to leave the U.S. and go with me to Europe."

Go to Europe? If he was to agree, that would mean I wouldn't ever be able to see him again.

Is this a farewell?

Don't be a silent reader!

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow