|24| kiss me ✔

Edited | ✔

chapter twenty-four

k i s s  m e

Ava

"Well, what do we do?" I question West before I turn around to observe the scenery beyond the car. Miles of long, green grass cover a terrain as the sun sets in the distance giving the whole place an luminous glow.

"I'm gonna call her," he says causing me to nod before I frown immediately afterwards.

Turning slowly towards him, I observe him with a deadpann look as he actually makes an attempt to call her. Deciding against telling him, I watch the whole scene unfold before me.

"It's ringing," he whispers causing me to send him a fake smile before nodding.

Suddenly he jumps, Dana's phone falling back to the ground and shattering worse than before.

"I'm so stupid," he states embarrassed, as he shoves his phone back into his pocket and runs a hand through his unruly, brown hair.

Smiling at the adorable pink tinge that is covering his cheeks and nose, I shake my head. "It's okay, you make up for it by being cute." I chuckle before pulling a wad of cash out of my bra. "We should probably just crash here tonight and then go on in the morning. The sun is already setting and I don't feel like getting into loads of trouble in the middle of the night."

West nods his head in agreement before he does the unthinkable and laces his fingers through mine, his hand gripping my own. My breath hitches in my throat and I find myself looking up into his blue eyes curiously.

He just smiles and shrugs before we begin walking hand in hand to pay for a room.

I don't understand.

Approaching a man in his late sixties, I hand West about fifty dollars to pay for the room for the night. He takes the money from my hand and hands it to the older man before we both await for the key.

"Young couples," the old man says suddenly as if he's reliving a memory. "I remember when I met my wife at fourteen. We fell madly in love. She passed away about a year ago and she'll stay the only woman I have ever loved." He grins at us before handing West the key.

We both decide not to state that we aren't a couple. I'm sure we both wouldn't mind if we were, honestly.

"Thank you, Sir." I nod graciously towards him. He returns my smile before West and I exit the small office and release fits of giggles as we walk up the rusty stairs to the room we were assigned.

"That was adorable!" I grin as we enter the apartment. West sits the keys down on a desk a couple of feet away from the door.

"I've seen cuter," West shrugs causing me to roll my eyes.

Turning towards him, I prop my hands up on my waist. "Oh yeah? I'd love to see you name something cuter that what we both just experienced," I challenge.

Stepping towards me with a smirk on his lips, his eyes trail from my eyes until they land on my lips. "I think you're a lot cuter," he whispers, his warm breath fanning my face leaving the smell of mint behind.

The playfulness that was once radiating off of the both of us, has now diminished and has been replaced by seriousness as we both observe each other closely.

West makes the next move as he moves in closer. The space that was once between the both of us, has evaporated.

"Don't ever call me cute again," I whisper threateningly before I'm cut off by West's warm lips.

They move against my own hungrily as mine move against his just the same. I find myself wrapping my arms around his neck as my hands and fingers get lost in his coarse hair. Just as I'm about to deepen the kiss, West pulls away and plants a tender kiss on my forehead.

"Let's get some sleep."

Welp, what'dya think? 😉

Don't be a silent reader!

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow