|19| lost and found ✔

Thank you to a_sky_full_of_smiles for the amazing banner! ♡

Edited | ✔

chapter nineteen

l o s t a n d f o u n d

Ava

"No, I don't know where he is!" I shout at Phelix through the phone for what feels like, the sixteenth time. Maybe I am being a little too harsh, but I'm freaking out.

Waking up this morning, West wasn't in bed and wasn't outside of the room. The last I had seen of him was last night before he left to go look around.

"Okay Ava, just calm down. Listen to me, okay?" Phelix questions before pausing and awaiting my response.

"I'm listening."

"Alright, I have some information from an unknown source on the guy you had seen last night. He's from a neighboring gang in Los Angeles that used to have issues with an earlier gang leader who had led the Livingston Gang. He's staying in a neighboring hotel─727 Dunkson Avenue," he informs thoroughly.

Millions of thoughts and questions begin running through my mind: Is West hurt? Is that where he is? Who was the early leader? West said something about his deadbeat father, but if a neighboring gang was still angry, perhaps his father is still around somewhere?

"Okay, I'll talk to you later. Bye." I end the call quickly, my hands latching onto my gun and knife before placing them onto my body.

Quickly jumping back into the rented car, I push the keys into the ignition and it quickly roars to life.

Okay, so West didn't use the car. That would mean he either didn't leave willingly or he was to walk.

Reading a sign that had labeled exactly what I was looking for, I swiftly pull into the driveway and discreetly park behind the building so I won't draw attention to myself; that is the last thing I need.

Checking for my weapons once more, I hop out of the car and shut the door with ease.

727, I keep in mind as I begin walking to the elevator. Stepping in, I quickly press the correct floor and look over to observe an unrecognizable man. He is faintly familiar, but I can't place him exactly. He smiles eerily before doing a discreet head nod and exiting the elevator on his requested floor.

Frowning, I shake my head and release my thoughts─sighing in delight when I reach the floor I have been awaiting.

Walking to the room that was requested, I don't waste a second to kick down the door with ease.

The man from last night peers over at me in shock, rage pulsing through my body as I see a bruised, burnt, and limp West tied to a chair in the far corner.

The shaggy brown hair of the sorry man hangs over his eyes almost in a shame-mocking manner. It makes me angrier if possible as I peer down and see a fire iron in his grip. He had obviously been using it against West to get answers out of him. Hopefully, West didn't give in and give him what he wanted.

Jumping into action, I attempt to kick the iron out of his hand but fail as his arm latches around my leg and his body lurches forwards to push me to the ground. I huff in annoyance.

He drops his surprised look and replaces it with a stupid grin. Walking forwards, he kicks me harshly in my leg but I refuse to let him know he's hurting me as I suppress my groan.

Quickly, I kick my leg up and hit him harsh enough on the back of his knee to send him flying towards the floor with the fire iron in his grasp.

Standing up and going to finish him off, I see him lying in an awkward position and notice the smell of blood. I guess I didn't need to finish him off─the fire iron did so for me.

"West." I begin to panic, running over to the limp man I had grown so close to. "Wake up. C'mon now." I shake him lightly before seeing him frown. His eyes are still closed, yet he is mumbling incoherent words under his breath.

I can make out some things he is saying: 'you won't get answers out of me, Ava will be here soon enough'. He is right about the Ava part. Hopefully, he didn't give the man any answers. Even if he was to, he's dead now so he's not able to spread the information. That is if he hadn't told anyone beforehand.

Hitting West lightly on the cheek, I sigh in delight as his eyes flutter open, them enclosing in on me. They switch from hope to anguish in a matter of seconds.

"Let me get you out of here," I mutter, untangling him from the ropes that had once held him hostage. Throwing his arm around my shoulder, I lift him from the wooden chair as he winces in pain.

"It's him," he mumbles out as we reach the elevator.

Clicking the elevator button for the ground floor, I peer over at him, "Him?" I begin in question. "Who's him?"

Before he's able to answer, the elevator door dings and the man from earlier stands before us with a knowing smile.

"My father," West chokes out.

Don't be a silent reader!

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow