ch. twenty one

Liam walked around the hospital room while Niall was sleeping, holding Teagan in his arms. He never felt as happy as he did in that moment. He had Niall back and now they were going to raise this beautiful little girl together. "Hi baby," He whispered softly. "I know I'm not your real dad but I'm going to take care of you like you were my own blood because I love you just as much as I love your mommy."

Teagan, with her eyes still closed, let out a little yawn. Liam could only smile at that. He nudged her tiny hand with the tip of his pointer finger and the little one wrapped her entire hand around it weakly. Liam's heart nearly burst at that. He was so overwhelmed and he didn't know he could feel this way after meeting Niall.

He thought having Niall love him back was his euphoric peak, but he was wrong. This was the only thing that could even come close. He reckons only two other things could match it – the answer 'yes' and a child of their own.

He hoped both of those would be in his future.

"It's been confirmed; he's had the baby." Someone standing at the corner of the hallway to the room Niall was in was watching the door, talking on the phone to someone.

"Any sign of the ex-boyfriend?"

"No, just his tall, lanky friend and a woman. They're all I've seen come in and out of the room. In the last twelve hours."

"Good good, I'll be down in about an hour."

"Alright," The man ended the call and stepped away from the corner, walking away now.

Louis plopped down in the chair next to Zayn in the waiting room. Leigh-Anne and Harry were sitting across from them. "When can we go see the baby?" He whined.

"Hey, they just became parents literally five hours ago, give them their time." Leigh-Anne scolded.

Louis pouted. "I know but I wanna see the little cutie." Zayn rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and began to pull him closer when the shorter one pulled away to learn over to the side. He was going to say something in protest but Louis spoke first. "Fuck, Harry, is that- isn't that Josh?" He asked, pointing ahead of them.

Zayn looked over to where Louis was pointing and Harry and Leigh-Anne turned around. They spotted Josh stopping at the receptionist's desk. "Shit, that is him. How did he found out Niall was here?"

"This is perfect!" Leigh-Anne said, clapping her hands together and grabbing her briefcase.

Everyone turned back to her confused. "What do you mean this is perfect?" Zayn asked. "Isn't this the opposite of perfect?"

"Nope." She said, pulling out a stack of papers that were stapled together. "Harry, this could get ugly, I need you to go get me at least two security guards. I'm about to slap this motherfucker with a warrant for his arrest. He is violating an order being on the same property right now and I have other reasons for him to be detained as well. He's probably not going to like this." Leigh-Anne explained.

Louis' eyes widened. "Shouldn't someone go with you?" He asked.

She shook her head. "Nah, I got this. Plus, I'm wearing pumps. If he touches me, I'll just roundhouse him in to next week." She got up before either of the guys could say anything and briskly and confidently, walked over to Josh.

Harry scrambled to his feet and ran off to fetch some security. Zayn and Louis watched in suspense, holding their breath but ready to help Leigh-Anne if needed. She walked up to Josh, holding out the file.

"Josh Devine?" She asked.

He turned to her, furrowing his eyebrows. "Who's asking?" He questioned her.